Page 1 of 2
ok so i go this guitar, it was my grandfarthers. so the story is he got it of a american solider when they were passing through town during ww2. Anyway i have been getting a lot of different stories about how much it is worth. I would just like the pit's view on it.
Awesome, what town?

Also, you'd have to show us pictures and tell us its condition.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There is literally no way we can possibly tell you how much that guitar is worth with that information. Go get it appraised.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The Pit is not Antiques Roadshow.....or is it
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
The Pit is not Antiques Roadshow.....or is it

LOL!

No clue what it's worth, but definitely worth keeping for your Grandkids to post questions about on UG in 70 years...
Hey Deathdrummer,I've got a mate that just bought a tri-cone resonator,solid chrome body,and paid around two grand for it,second hand.I know it's a different beast to yours but kinda close.Go to the National site,you'd probably find out more about it's value there..oh and play it sometimes then lock it away safely for future generations.
It's sweet !
Personally, i would just keep it whatever it's worth. An awesome antique to have.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Raggedyman
Hey Deathdrummer,I've got a mate that just bought a tri-cone resonator,solid chrome body,and paid around two grand for it,second hand.I know it's a different beast to yours but kinda close.Go to the National site,you'd probably find out more about it's value there..oh and play it sometimes then lock it away safely for future generations.
It's sweet !

yeah thats what i do, i lock it away so none of my little cousins can touch it.
Quote by Raggedyman
It's sweet !

This. There's just something about playing an older vintage guitar that just makes you feel like a better player. I don't know how to describe it, it's just some feeling that overwhelms you when you play.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Maybe you're just curious too see how much it's worth for curiositys sake or bragging rights, but I would never think of selling something like that. I may or may not have read your post correctly. Cool looking guitar though bet it sounds nice.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I'm not quite sure about the price.. but if you closely look at the edges on the right,
the reflection of the light on the strings and the way the neck is made.
You can clearly see its an ugly guitar

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by slayaplaya
Looks like your camera is pre ww2 too.

I think people will get this XD

not this again...
I would get it valued, then ask myself whether it's worth selling it.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
TS. A National resonator guitar in very good condition is worth $30,000 or so.

Why did you ask the pit? That's just useless. You should have posted in the Acoustic forum. Pit monkeys wouldn't know a thing about National guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by deathdrummer
yeah thats what i do, i lock it away so none of my little cousins can touch it.

Sigged in a bit
Quote by captivate
TS. A National resonator guitar in very good condition is worth $30,000 or so.

Why did you ask the pit? That's just useless. You should have posted in the Acoustic forum. Pit monkeys wouldn't know a thing about National guitars.

Actually, that's a bit of a broad generalisation. If you look really, really hard, and find a mint cond Reso with a bit of history (owned by someone well known at some point, or similar) you might be looking at high figures, or perhaps a rare 14 fret Don or something then you might get to $10K+, but for the most part it's quite easy to pick up a very nice 1930's National Reso for between $2K and $4K. As mentioned in another post, (and captivate in thier post above is correct about one thing) go and drop a pic and some details to either Michael Messers Resonator boards, or drop a line to Bob Brozman, both of which are proper experts on history, value, etc of Resonator guitars.

Also check out: http://www.nationalguitar.com/national_guitar_guitars_vintage/

Hope this helps.

Regards

T.
I got 5 dollars.... i'm sorry I don't
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
I don't see the pic, and I really want to, where is it!? There were a couple of image tags and a number, no pic...
$10 000 really?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
I dont think ill be selling it
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by slayaplaya
Looks like your camera is pre ww2 too.

I think people will get this XD

LOLOOL u so funni xD xD

Page 1 of 2