even small greenhouses were set up on the M5 Industries roof. Four were set up with stereos playing endlessly looping recordings (as having the Mythbusters actually talk to the plants could contaminate the samples with their expelled carbon dioxide): Two of negative speech, two of positive speech (Kari and Scottie each made one positive and one negative soundtrack), a fifth with classical music and a sixth with intense death metal music. A seventh greenhouse, used as a control sample, had no stereo. The greenhouses with the recordings of speech grew better than the control, regardless of whether such talk was kind or angry. The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode23

The moral of this story, folks, is that if you want your children to grow up tall, strong and ruthless, you need to start playing Where No Life Dwells at max volume from the second trimester on. Your kids might end up with limited hearing, but they'll probably holocaust some degenerates along the way.
Seen that episode a few times... I was a bit disappointed with their choice of "Death Metal". It was a Chimaira album. I do like Chimaira, but calling it Death Metal is a stretch.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Wow, that sounds like such a fool-proof experiment. I've always wondered why Mythbusters weren't considered the apex of experimental science when they run such rigorous testing.
I thought Brawndo had what plants crave??!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Sein und Zeit
http://mythbustersresults.com/episode23

The moral of this story, folks, is that if you want your children to grow up tall, strong and ruthless, you need to start playing Where No Life Dwells at max volume from the second trimester on. Your kids might end up with limited hearing, but they'll probably holocaust some degenerates along the way.

well, I know what to do for my biology coursework now!
murder murder yes indeed, K-I-L-L-I-N-G!

lol it's SO catchy!
Quote by Sheepdragon
Seen that episode a few times... I was a bit disappointed with their choice of "Death Metal". It was a Chimaira album. I do like Chimaira, but calling it Death Metal is a stretch.

Worst part is that they're calling it 'intense death metal', new kvlt sub genre?
Quote by Sheepdragon

Oh yeah, I remember that. Although TIOR and Resurrection are damn fine albums.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Well if you've never really listened to metal it sounds pretty extreme.
All that they'd have to do is google death metal to find an actualy death metal band.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
lol. death metal worked for me. been listening to it since i was like 8 and im like 6'6"
I like this episode.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Not a huge fan of the band itself..But, this study's pretty neat. Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.
Sometimes being funny means going the extra mile and owning one's self.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Hey I know where you live asshole. Duncang voted for me in best sig of the year

Sig it yourself you egotistical negro bastard
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I kind of want to.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
done, i had to erase a good quote though...
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
*ques theme song*
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26