so yea lol....I have a 15 watt line 6 spider III amp.

Sucks balls i know.

I REALLY REALLY want to record good music on my laptop and was thinking maybe the Pod XT can help me record better music without all that fuzziness that a webcam does to a guitars tone.

What are your opinions guys? Im totally new to recording music on my laptop is the pod XT a good idea? I also liked the effects it would allow me to utilize.
It's definitely a better idea lol

Here is a buddy of mine. He uses a POD XT through Audacity on his laptop to record.

*myspace link removed*
The XT is a great tool for recording. I'd get that. Make sure you have a good program to run it with though. Audacity is a decent tool for learning how everything works but the sound quality is rather lacking.
I think the XT comes with a light version of some recording software. It's been a while since I had mine though so that could be wrong.
thank you so much for the replies guys, I didnt know you could just use the XT by itself, i thought you had to hook it up with an amp or something.

AWESOME!
Quote by Heathbb
thank you so much for the replies guys, I didnt know you could just use the XT by itself, i thought you had to hook it up with an amp or something.

AWESOME!

You need something to amplyfy the sound, but that can be a computer, an amp, powered speakers, etc...
Its better than the spider amp. Try selling it and looking on ebay for a crate v5, they sound super with pods.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
i use an xtlive for recording and it sounds great
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah, pods are really quite good. Put into a computer OR put into an amp like a powerengine they really take off.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
For the time being try running the XT into the aux input of the Spider. This bypasses all of the modeling and fx. Record into the computer using the USB.
Pods are great for recording when you're on a budget.

you save money on upgrading your amp, buying mics, buying an interface, buying DI boxes (in the case of reamping) and you can use headphones for monitoring.

plus, they connect directly via USB for really easy recording.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Hey guys I bought a used Pod Xt from Guitar Center hooked it up to my amp and PC, sounds awesome!

Just wondering how would I record a video and have the sound from my guitar playing and a song playing at the same time?

Im trying to record something for youtube
Quote by Heathbb
Hey guys I bought a used Pod Xt from Guitar Center hooked it up to my amp and PC, sounds awesome!

Just wondering how would I record a video and have the sound from my guitar playing and a song playing at the same time?

Im trying to record something for youtube

What u do is record the video with ur webcam, and record the music at the same time, then use something like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker (horrible program but it'll do what u need) and you just use your recorded audio (from the Pod Xt) intead of the audio from the wecbam vieo
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Quote by Pennderinn
What u do is record the video with ur webcam, and record the music at the same time, then use something like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker (horrible program but it'll do what u need) and you just use your recorded audio (from the Pod Xt) intead of the audio from the wecbam vieo

ahhh ok hey, where is the aux input on my spider amp? I really dont like their modeling and fx on the amp i want to bypass it all
Quote by Heathbb
ahhh ok hey, where is the aux input on my spider amp? I really dont like their modeling and fx on the amp i want to bypass it all

He's talking about the CD/MP3 in jack.