I'm looking to get the PS-5 for my next installment of guitar pedals.
I ain't a rich guy so I take my time when getting this stuff.

I want it because of how it can track harmonies out of my guitar.

I came across the HR-2 which is like an old version of the PS-2.

I just want to know though. Which one is better? What can the Harmonizer do that the Super Shifter can't?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 11, 2009,
The HR-2 can do things like 4ths/5ths/etc which the PS-5 cannot do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Are you sure? It says it can do 3rds/4ths/5th/6th/oct 1/oct 2
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Also can you have a low tuning and it'll still track harmonies?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
So the PS-5 has way better tracking?

I think I'll go for it.
And I think it sounds computery because most pitch shifting isn't formant preserving.

I heard the digitech harmonizer is really good but I can't afford that stuff right now, and the PS-5 has so many effect in it I could use anyways.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
I bought a PS5 a while back, but returned it the next day. Its just not what I thought it was. Not that I dont know any of it, but you have to really be familiar with key signatures in order to work the PS-5 properly in harmonize mode. The other features worked pretty well. I liked the divebomb mode, however you have to set the speed of the divebomb using the knobs on the pedal. So you get the same speed whether you press on the footswitch slow or fast. In the end, it just made me wish I had a digitech whammy pedal. I think its overpriced myself. I paid $150 for it back then. Not sure what its going for now.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak
I bought a PS5 a while back, but returned it the next day. Its just not what I thought it was. Not that I dont know any of it, but you have to really be familiar with key signatures in order to work the PS-5 properly in harmonize mode. The other features worked pretty well. I liked the divebomb mode, however you have to set the speed of the divebomb using the knobs on the pedal. So you get the same speed whether you press on the footswitch slow or fast. In the end, it just made me wish I had a digitech whammy pedal. I think its overpriced myself. I paid $150 for it back then. Not sure what its going for now.

I'm sure I can learn about key signatures.
I'm mostly aiming for auto-harmony, but I like the extra features the pedal has, with the dive bomb, flutter, vibrato, and chorus stuff.

I knew the dive bomb wasn't analog but it's still pretty cool.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 16, 2009,
I'd say that the PS5 is the much better pedal. It's great for helping you if you want a shoe gaze wall of sound. Are you sure that it's what you're after though?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay