I currently have a Peavey JSX 120 watt head with a 2x12 cab and a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt combo, but I have moved into a small appartment from a decent size house and the amps I have are too loud for me to use. I do use the 120 with a gt-10 as a volume pedal during the day when most of the people in my complex are off at work and I am in between classes at my college, but I can't practice in the morning or at night because I don't want to disturb anyone. So I need a smaller amp for practicing. I need to know what a good size amp would be for an appartment bedroom (15ft L x 12ft W, with a bathroom and closet) and a good brand. Also I want something of decent wattage, I don't want to buy like a 10w and crank it and end up blowing out the speaker an hour into practicing. I have been looking at the Roland Cubes (30, 20, and 15 watt sizes), but I am open to other suggestions. Any input would be helpful.
The Roland Microcube RX has some good features and will be a good volume level for you.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
That might be too small, I forgot to mention I have a two floor apartment and the bottom floor is all mine so I actually have like a 15x20 sq ft or something like that garage, entryway, staircase area too.
Do you really need a different amp just to make things quieter? My vypyr can go low enough for me to play in my room and my roommate can't hear it in his room even though we share a wall.

With that said, I'd recommend the 15 watt vypyr or one of the cubes that you mentioned are nice.

Whats your budget? Maybe you might want a smaller tube amp for some versatility.
Well the tone isn't very good on my JSX with the pedal on for volume and its still pretty loud for the place, and the line 6 is busted, so yeah I need a small amp to replace that pos practice amp anyways, I'd like a smaller one because I do not need a 75 watt amp if I have a head that sounds better, I just need a small practice amp for when my jsx would bug people (ie at 2 in the morning or 6 in the evening).
Why not just use the GT-10 into headphones/PA/active monitors/computer/home stereo? The modeling is at least as good as the cubes, if not better.
Quote by rchiav
Why not just use the GT-10 into headphones/PA/active monitors/computer/home stereo? The modeling is at least as good as the cubes, if not better.

My thoughts exactly. That or get some good monitors for your computer plus Revalver/GR3/Amplitube etc....

Also, how exactly is an amp 'too loud'? I've heard this term thrown around a lot on UG lately and don't get the logic behind it.
If you bought a high-gain monster like a JSX I doubt you're getting your overdrive from pushing the power tubes - you'd need a small stadium to get real breakup from a 120W amp. And I bet the JSX would sound better than a cube even at low apartment volumes.
Check out the Vox VT series. They also have a built in attenuator so that you can select how much power you want.
Mine goes from 1 watt to 100 watts.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Quote by theraven871
Check out the Vox VT series. They also have a built in attenuator so that you can select how much power you want.
Mine goes from 1 watt to 100 watts.

...Which is a pointless gimmick, since it doesn't have any power tubes to overdrive in the first place, thus no reason to need attenuation! It's basically a master volume. The one 12AX7 which apparently works in the power section does little other than warm up the sound a bit.

Sorry to be nitpicky there, since it is actually a great amp
I heard that the RX or whatever has a lot of problems and that the orignal micro cube is better.
I tried running my gt-10 with just my guitar and headphones and the sound quality is terrible, I can only get the sound to come out the left side of the headphones and its pretty quiet even with the output and volume all the way up on line in/phone output mode, So how loud do the 30/20/15 watt get and will the micro cube speaker(s) blow out if I crank the amp?