Page 1 of 2
Performed infront of the school today for a concert fundraiser.

We sucked, Our vocalist lost his voice and forgot his lyrics during Can't Stop - RHCP.. That threw our **** house drummer off and it was a mess.

All the small things was bad, Someone switched the ****ing wah pedal on and I didn't realize.

Has anyone ever had anyone in there band stuff up majorly?

I've learned a valuable lesson.. Always check your ****ing settings even when your first to perform... Kids screw with things.
That is a horrible name for a band.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Damn, unlucky.

Yeah, that's happened to me. I was filling in for a junior jazz band at my school. Before the performance, they tried to tune, however none of them knew how to play a B flat note. Needless to say, it was a horrible performance.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
One practice, our guitarist (who is now our bassist) experienced Deja Vu, and stopped completely, thinking that if he doesn't do exactly what he did last time, he would die. I still mantain that it is the most ****ed up thing we have ever had at a practice. It screwed us up the next

EDIT: At a gig once, some ****ing kid fell into my microphone stand, and messed me right up. Prick.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
Last edited by RyoujokuNoAme at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
That is a horrible name for a band.

Might actually be appropriate in this situation =P
Quote by RyoujokuNoAme
One practice, our guitarist (who is now our bassist) experienced Deja Vu, and stopped completely, thinking that if he doesn't do exactly what he did last time, he would die. I still mantain that it is the most ****ed up thing we have ever had at a practice.

HAHAHA OMG so someone destroyed the entire performance cause of Deja Vu. So what did he think he had to do ?
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Oh, i remember the days of playing Blink 182 and the Chili Peppers in front of the high school in year 8. Don't worry, we sucked too.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
First performance in college, we had hardly rehearsed or anything, then we get on and start playing and i find out that for some reason we have two ****ing singers? why?! We rehearsed with one not two.... They both got confused half way through, so did the drummer (who was a idiot) and i just kept playing. Seriously messed up.
Quote by georgakis187
HAHAHA OMG so someone destroyed the entire performance cause of Deja Vu. So what did he think he had to do ?

Don't know. He just stood there, panicking, saying "Oh my god, oh my god, I'm going to die!". Then he sat there for about 30 seconds, and then said "Sorry, shall we continue?". We were pretty pissed at him.
Band performance for the junior kids at high school. We came third at the local battle of the bands, and our music teacher asked us to do a little performance.

A few minutes prior to that, a friend helping out with the gear set up accidentally knocked over my guitar. The guitar was untuned like crap. Our performance was absolute shite, and our band broke up.

I've had a bass drum break, a cymbal fall over, one of my guitarists breaking three strings, and a whole host of other crap.

But now we all play tight
Quote by RyoujokuNoAme
Don't know. He just stood there, panicking, saying "Oh my god, oh my god, I'm going to die!". Then he sat there for about 30 seconds, and then said "Sorry, shall we continue?". We were pretty pissed at him.

Pissed? At a practice?
Why are people such little bitches?

Anyway, our drummer stopped a couple of times while we were playing live, guitarist threw a hissy fit about it onstage of all places, and I quit a few minutes after this went down. I can't play with little bitches.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Pissed? At a practice?
Why are people such little bitches?

It was more of a rehearsal, we had a gig about a week later. So no I'm not a bitch
Quote by RyoujokuNoAme
It was more of a rehearsal, we had a gig about a week later. So no I'm not a bitch

you're one now.

go and make us some sandwitches, ho!
Quote by RyoujokuNoAme

allright allright allright, that's acceptable.

A sandwich would be fantastic though, dear.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
consider yourself lucky.
We practiced our asses off for this years school performance.
Two minutes into the show the power amp in our mixing console blows up,
shows canceled.

Too bad you guys couldn't even prepare yourselves enough to do a Chili Peppers cover.
I love white guitars!
I recall a gig with my band where i began playing a nice arpeggio sequence where there were no other instruments, just me, and i hit a dead note and didn't manage to recover, the crowd laughed and i just laughed along and started that bit again but deep down inside i was crushed
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
The worst gig my band ever played was years and years ago, we hadnt been together very long and got offered a gig, our drummer couldnt make it but we decided to go ahead anyway and we put the bassist on drums (he actually ended up staying on drums!) we all got very very drunk except for the singer who at that time didnt drink. By the time we got on stage I couldnt stand up and played the gig sitting next to my amp, the drummer(bassist) fell backwards off the drum stool, crawled to the front of the stage and started yelling at the terrified crowd and our poor singer was just standing there with his head in his hands. We didnt play a whole song. I broke strings on my guitar, was sick, the drummer (bassist) ended up getting back on the kit and actually played ok!

We got offered loads of gigs after that, purely for the entertainment factor! Ah we were young and stupid! Id like to think a lot has changed, that we've become better musicians, but I'd be lying to myself...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by tobysaurus
I recall a gig with my band where i began playing a nice arpeggio sequence where there were no other instruments, just me, and i hit a dead note and didn't manage to recover, the crowd laughed and i just laughed along and started that bit again but deep down inside i was crushed

It's happened to the best of us old spice *pats on back*

In other news, I had my first performance today. I do believe it went rather well; except for a rather small bugger up at the beginning, but that was all smoothed out.

Toodle pip
The only thing i've ever had happen to me is performing at a certain venue where the stage is on the dance floor. So all the drunkies jump up and down and land on the mic stand. The mic proceeds to punch me in the face while i'm singing.
Quote by JohnnyV
The only thing i've ever had happen to me is performing at a certain venue where the stage is on the dance floor. So all the drunkies jump up and down and land on the mic stand. The mic proceeds to punch me in the face while i'm singing.

I just pictured that in my mind
Quote by Whiskky
I just pictured that in my mind

So did I, I've seen it happened before too.
And now, seeing as how you ruined your first performance, no good producer will ever want to make you famous. Good job for ****ing up the rest of your musical career by being a bad musician, check everything, always dip****.
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
At my bands last gig we started to play one of our heavier songs. After about 30 seconds of playing the riff I realised my amp was really quiet. It turns out out that I was headbanging away like a complete pillock playing a thrashy riff on the clean channel on my amp. Thats twice I've done that live now
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Yeah one time me and my band were playing this totally sick gig and then i remembered that i'm not in a band
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
See, here we go laughing about bad gigs, but the sad part is that we as "musicians" (and I use that term lightly) have either not learned from it, or have tried to play to soon. It's like premature ejaculation, but with 4 or 5 guys at once.

When will these high school bands learn to WAIT before going out and playing. Whether it's a high school band or a "proffesional" band (another term I use EXTREMELEY lightly), they need to learn about 8-10 songs, a good thirty minutes worth, before going out and trying anything even close to performing. And by learning, they need to be memorized, no music, no visual queues, memorized. This goes for any kind of band, party, rock, jazz, punk, hippity hoppity, polka. My freaking marching band knows thirty minutes worth of stand tunes!

Quote by wowsux
And now, seeing as how you ruined your first performance, no good producer will ever want to make you famous. Good job for ****ing up the rest of your musical career by being a bad musician, check everything, always dip****.

GTFO
All my friends are Imaginary

"There was much of the beautiful,
much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible,
and not a little of that which might have excited disgust"

Swan Song
A Story by the Earl of Slander
Don't have to tell me twice, I'm not big into attributing to incoherent babble.

Last gig I played:
We were pretty worried, cos neither the drummer nor the bassist had a clue about the songs.
We went out there, I had a blast.

We were pretty happy, we thought we sounded ok, in spite half of the band being clueless about the songs.
Then we saw the vid. I laugh every time I watch it. But it was a cool gig, really fun.
My first preformance at my school was fail. Me my brother a drummer and a bassist got together to play some songs at school talent show only a week or so before it. Our drummer didnt go to any rehearsals but he was only gonna play blitzgreig bop with us, the bassist dint go to any practices either... and me and my brother jammed at home for rehearsal...lol We went on stage played our songs terribly with terrible vocals and it was just bad... but it wasnt just the drummers or bassists fault, me and my brother didnt really organize it well at all it was all last minute and yah... it was just bad...

Then me and the drummer team up for real this time and invite a vocalist that can sorta sing and then teach one of our friends how to teach bass 1 week before the next school talent show. We played magic carpet ride - stephen wolfe, an original song, and war pigs by black sabbath. Magic carpet ride was ok... cept the vocalist forgot the words. and was appologizing to the croud and was a real downer on us for the preformance. Then we did the orignal song flawlessly... well we did it good ... and we only rehearsed it once before the show with the vocalist present. Then war pigs... it was an abomination. I kept doing the slide chords starting at 0:52 out of time, like too quickly or too late... it was bad... then the drummers hihat started to move away from his kit. The vocals were out of tune and forgotten or started to early or late. Then we went over our aloud time slot and they stopped us when we only had a minute left of the song... When it was all over there was a little more of an hour left of school time that we didnt even have to go to class for... we just sat around and talked for an hour... they had everything packed up in like 15 mins... it was bullspit...

Since then that 2nd band of mine put good shows on and played tight. Then tension rose and we broke up did one show a year later as a reunion show... and broke up imdeiatly after that show ended due to more tension before the show...

Im now in a 3rd band with the same drummer, we just need a for sure vocalist and better rhythm guitarist or he needs to practice more and upgrade from that line 6 SIII... with like everything cranked on the insane channel.... *quivers in disgust*
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
We've performed before.. We have one competitions in the past.. but I don't know what happened on the day we ****ed up.
Page 1 of 2