I'm trying to learn this song on guitar, and I'm getting better, the only thing I'm really stuck on is the solo, I've never played that fast and when I do it gets crazily hard, does anyone have any tips that could possibly increase my speed, also I don't use my pinky much, because it seems so much smaller than my other (already small) fingers, but I want to, are there any tricks to increase my pinky usage, I do it when I remember but I usually forget
Slow right down and get every little bit perfect at the lower tempo before moving up.
There are no 'tricks' to play faster, or get your lil finger to instantly work aswell as the others.

For speed, you just have to keep trying to play faster. Simple as. Make as smaller side to side movements as you can, and don't dig into the string let the pick glide over them.

To get your pinky to work better, simply practice using it
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
get a grip master for when you aint home. i love mine. haven't used it in a while. if you're stile line school, it's great. just stretch your fingers before class and while they're talking start squeezing. i just try to include my pinky when i practice scales and am just messing around going up and down the neck. pinky strength is a toughy. still work on mine
Do all power chords with index and pinky and it will help your pinky strength out.....also you gotta use that little guy as much as possible...use it or lose it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by majinbuu1023
I'm trying to learn this song on guitar, and I'm getting better, the only thing I'm really stuck on is the solo, I've never played that fast and when I do it gets crazily hard, does anyone have any tips that could possibly increase my speed, also I don't use my pinky much, because it seems so much smaller than my other (already small) fingers, but I want to, are there any tricks to increase my pinky usage, I do it when I remember but I usually forget

If you've never tried to play with this kind of technique before it'll be quite hard; people may worship the ground Dime walked on now but he was bloody good anyway.

Take the solo and split it into manageable sections and grind them with a metronome. Once you've got any given section up to speed try linking it up to the next part. It may take some time to acquire the kind of chopcs required to play the solo but it'll feel SO good when you get it down.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.