Hey guys, looking to buy an ESP, got it down to two.

the ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
or
ESP Eclipse II

Thing is, the LTD only costs a little under a grand, and the Eclipse II is about 1500. I could save up I guess for the Eclipse but don't really feel like putting another $500 bucks or so down for something that isn't needed.
-So what are the differences between the two? Is it notciable when you play? ECT.

-Been playing for over 3 years, and play metal (dying fetus, nile, Origin, ECT), also play a lot of other geners too, primarly metal though.

Thanks a lot,
Kevin.

P.S. - I love the Les Paul body shape if you haven't guessed.
Last edited by thenewguy729 at Sep 11, 2009,
I owned an EC-1000 for about a year and loved it. I've only played an Eclipse II for a few minutes here and there so I'm definitely not the resident expert, but I can't say that I noticed too much of a difference overall.

I've heard stories about the inlay and binding work on the EC's being sloppy sometimes. It was not the case with mine. The resale value for the Eclipse would obviously be better, which may be something to consider.

I was in the same position as you, only I had the cash to buy either when I picked up the EC-1000. I tried both and didn't see enough of a difference to justify the extra spend. I was a bit biased though since I was purchasing an amp at the same time, and the extra savings allowed me to get a better amp.

Try them both out...
Never played the ESP, But iv played the LTD Deluxe is a bad ass guitar and over all very good quality. ESP probably a better build etc but will you notice it .. probably not that much IMO.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
If you can stand saving up for the ESP, it is worth it. No doubt about that. But the EC-1000 is still an amazing guitar. The quality on the EC-1000 is not lacking from what I've seen.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by wesselbindt
II:
Bone nut; Gotoh hardware. 22 frets.
1000:
Earvana compensated nut, Tonepros bridge, ESP tuners. 24 frets.

All of this is on the esp site. I took both the Vintage Black guitars for comparison.

the 1000 comes with Grover tuners not ESP tuners
^^They are ESP locking tuners though arent they?

Grovers are overrated anyways, and you could buy a set and a bone nut too if you wanted it that much, and still save money.

personally I think the EC-1000s look a lot nicer, as I am a fan of abalone

Quote by Jiro from GLAY
ESP better wood, workmanship. Save up for the real deal dude. Not many people own ESPs so you'll be in an exclusive club for a while.

I'd say go for the EC-1000 based purely on the extra frets. Since you play alot of metal, that would HAVE to come in handy.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
What, whats wrong with what I said?

Quote by Tedward
^^They are ESP locking tuners though arent they?

Grovers are overrated anyways, and you could buy a set and a bone nut too if you wanted it that much, and still save money.

personally I think the EC-1000s look a lot nicer, as I am a fan of abalone

hmmm it is odd how the real thing has 2 frets less, from what i understand ESP LTD is to ESP wha epiphone is to gibson (but i could be wrong).