hey guys

heres a song my band has been working on. its not finished but there is some cool riffs in there (i think). now, please note that we do play this, we have a keyboardist that isnt on the gp. also, i use a whole bunch on effects. so if u can, please try to imagine this as a live song. thanks.

i wanted to drag this song out, possibly to around 11 mins, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be brilliant.

C4C

cheers

Ben
Attachments:
blah4.gp4
blah4.gp5
blah4.mid
Last edited by BKGMorley at Sep 11, 2009,
what did you save this with, i can't open it to see it. can you save it under something else. I would like to help you
Last edited by xxhendrixfanxx at Sep 11, 2009,
I'm guessing guitar pro, as it's a guitar pro file in the zip folder
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
oh i don't have that yet oh well.
how did you get that guitar smiley on there?
Last edited by xxhendrixfanxx at Sep 11, 2009,
If you mean my avatar, click control panel at the top of the page on the left, and then edit avatar. you can use a preset one, or upload your own, like i did

Anyway, TS

Personaly, i think the trem picked riff (10 9 2 i think, each fret trem picked) lasts a bit too long. And i like the sections where you leave a note ringing, and then add the extra notes of a chord over the top. Seems pretty good overall, though not keen on the break down, but then that's because I don't really like the whole open note breakdown that much.

If you want it longer, add in a solo section in the style of meshuggah solos: dissonant notes as opposed to a real clear melody
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Sep 11, 2009,
Man, I thought this was a complete piece of crap after hearing the intro, but the rest of the song proved me wrong... big time. The tremolo pick riff have some awesome groovy drums - I guess these are actually the main attraction of this part. the next part, with the constantly changing time signatures, is pure chaos, but in a good way. The next part (Autumn Hate) grooves quite awesomely as well. It's quite clear that you are influenced by Meshuggah, but your music is way more accessible and listenable, and that's a good thing.

Now the next riff is probably one of the best I've heard on these forums - seriously. It got the feeling of an Opeth riff, because even if it's very dissonant and all it still sounds coherent. Quality job, man.

The acoustic part isn't all that special, but I do like the small rhythm break in the bar with the D/A# chord. The breakdown is quite avarage though - not bad in anyway, but not an "omgwtf" moment.

So, I'll give you an 8/10 for this, and 10/10 for that particularly tasty riff.

Would you mind to crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1196528