Has anybody played this amp? I've found it for around £400 and was wondering how it compares to similar amps between £4-500.

The money I have saved was going towards a VOX AC30, would it be worth holding on?

I need good cleans and an amp that takes pedals well, I play post rock and shoegaze.
Ebow > Adam Black Hydra/hhttp://i53.tinypic.com/opzadt.jpg > Morley PVO+ Volume > TC Electronic Polytune > Blackstar HT-DRIVE > EHX Big Muff > Danelectro Danecho > Line 6 Verbzilla > Akai Headrush > Akai Headrush > Laney VC30-212 w/Celestion G12H30 70th SEs
I've played the 112 and it was pretty dark - you'd want to try it out before you bought it. Especially as it's almost the tonal opposite to an AC30.
It has a bright switch and a presence/master tone knob so being dark isn't an issue - as well as that it isn't that dark.

I had the 15w, and can safely say it is one of the best amp in it's price range. Shop arfound and see if you can get it cheaper though.

It has excellent cleans by the way, and it take pedals very well (has an effects loop etc) and should suit you perfectly.
AC30 is the one to go. If u like that bright sound. If u like the dark sound then yes...the lanely is good and also is a peavey VK. I made a mistake when I bought the VK cuz the lead channel is too dark for me. But the luck is...that I had a BBE Crusher distortion at home so I don't use the VK's lead channel.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
It does have nice cleans, and it does take pedals well, and it's voiced sort of similarly to an AC30, so it might be what you're looking for. I really like the amp, but it IS different to an AC30.

Go and play it and an AC30 side by side, and decide for yourself whether it's worth saving more for the AC30.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Thanks but I don't think 20w is really capable of gigging when I need good cleans.

Thanks everyone else for the advice!
Ebow > Adam Black Hydra/hhttp://i53.tinypic.com/opzadt.jpg > Morley PVO+ Volume > TC Electronic Polytune > Blackstar HT-DRIVE > EHX Big Muff > Danelectro Danecho > Line 6 Verbzilla > Akai Headrush > Akai Headrush > Laney VC30-212 w/Celestion G12H30 70th SEs
yeah i played it for a few weeks. My choice was down to the VC30 and the LC30II.

I liked both amps equally, tonally quite similar in the cleans, the LC30II in the overdrive channel got a bit more overdrive than the VC30. This and the fact that the LC30II was 100pound sterling cheaper, swayed it for me. Great amp though, it really is, Laney amps have such a warm rich sound. I love them to bits!
^guido, isn't the LC the SS, or am I thinking of the LG?

The VC is a great little amp, but really depends what you're into. It has a vintage tone to it. It'd be hard pushed to do anything high gain, even with an OD. But if you're into lower gain, crunchy rock, down to cleans, the VC is great. The cleans really are shimmering, and I wouldn't have called it dark. It's one of those that's quite borderline; it could be a tad dark if you were playing through a LP with humbuckers, though not if you're playing through a strat with singles.

I'd say go and play one if you can. But do shop around. That seems a little steep.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
hey slash,

nooo the LC is definitely not SS, it has 4 power amp tubes and 4 preamp tubes. I think you getting it mixed with the LV... thats SS and meant to sound like a tube amp.

Incidently, the VC and LC have the same tubes stock.. Ichecked these when trying them out, The VC comes with 2 Jensen speakers and the LC comes with a celestion. Thats the main difference, 1x12 vs 2x12, and the cab shape differed slightly. Both had the same accutronics reverb tank too
Ah yeah, I remember now. The LC is the more modern equivalent of the VC. Wouldn't call it high gain, but higher than the VC. I checked these both out at one point.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
I've played the 112 combo. Nice, but quite a bright amp. Personally I'd rather have an ac30, but there's quite a bit of choice.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.