4. Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze
5. AC/DC Hells Bells
6. Original No 1
7. Led Zeppelin In My Time of Dying
8. Original No 2
9. Thin Lizzy Emerald
10. Joe Bonamassa One of These Days
11. AC/DC Let There Be Rock

On Jhnny B goode it will be rocked up a bit. I know there are 2 AC/DC songs but Hells Bells i well known and Let there be rock is IMO a great song to finish on.
Let there be rock should be first imo.

End it with Haze, you can solo over that thing forever
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
start with let there be rock, and end with originals, that is if they're EPIC. really good songs though!
The thing about putting Let there be rock first is that with it being our most impressive song, we want to end on a high note. Oh and as for the originals, they are pretty good songs but personally I don't think they are epic enough to end with. We are a pretty new band, so as time goes by we'll probably add some more originals which, hopefuly, will be better, and perhaps we could end with those.

drop the AC/DC

Why would I do that?
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
it depends on where you are playing. If its a one band pub show fine, but if it was a proper gig, i would focus on more originals.

Also, for a support slot, that is far too long.
I assume Oringla one is one of your tracks. I'd start wiht Original 1 and finsih it with Oringal 2.
Sounds good Dont know all the songs but i get the jist of it and AC/DC is always a good choice as most people know them
IMA SOCIETY DWELLING MOTHER F*CKER

UGS representitive shroudy monk
Quote by ibrahimasood
I assume Oringla one is one of your tracks. I'd start wiht Original 1 and finsih it with Oringal 2.

I agreed! I played a show last year with a new group that gave me a guest slot since I was in town. We opened with a cover, played 2 originals, and then ended with some AC/DC "Back in Black". Though I didn't agree with the order they chose, the show was a huge success. I was talking to some people after the show and I asked each the same question "What was our first impression on you?"

Each answered the same: "At first, I thought it was just another cover gig." That's the risk with opening with a cover.

Opening with an original can seem intimidating (especially if you are just starting the whole gig thing), but your front man should be able to warm up the audience a bit.

Another risk with opening with a cover is the fact that not everyone likes every rock song that's been on the radio. I can't tell you how much a first impression makes a difference for a new band in a venue. Say you play a song that they don't like too much (either by musical taste or the fact 21309324 other bands have played it and they've heard it soooo many other times), that's not a great way to start the show!

And finally, opening with an original allows less comparison between you and other bands! You don't want to be the topic of this convo:

P1: "How about that show last night?"
P2: "It was alright. That wasn't the best cover i've heard of [insert song here]. Remember when [insert another band here] did that f***ing amazing cover?"

And BAM, they completely forget about you.

All in all, just open with your most powerful original song to prime the audience for a killer show!
i say, open with an original. We always do that. And we almost always end with an explosice cover (ace of spades), people usually enjoy that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
PLEASE READ THE STICKIES! this should be in the setlist thread. Do it again and be reported. This just contributes to overflow
Quote by Highwaytohell
PLEASE READ THE STICKIES! this should be in the setlist thread. Do it again and be reported. This just contributes to overflow

This.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.