Right now I have a Peavey Envoy 110 Combo amp that I'm playing on but I'm looking for more volume. The combo amp is only 40W and I'm looking for something to play shows with. I don't feel like spending too much money though and I was wondering how good of an idea it would be to get an Ibanez IS412C cabinet and just run the combo amp into it
Smitty
smitty
A bigger cab will make very little difference to the volume, you'd be better off with a new amp.

If you really like your amp's tone, I'd buy a 1x12 cab with a very sensitive speaker like a Celestion V30 or Eminence Red Coat in it - or better still, get a new amp. Solid states tend to sound a bit nasty at near full volume.
I'm fine with the tone my amp gives me, but i just want it louder. Are you sure throwing the amp on top of a 4X12 cab wouldn't give me that?
Smitty
smitty
Quote by lboxpunkcover7
I'm fine with the tone my amp gives me, but i just want it louder. Are you sure throwing the amp on top of a 4X12 cab wouldn't give me that?

No, It stills be a 40W
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
Last edited by juniorlbj at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by lboxpunkcover7

Look at it this way, it's a 40 Watt Amp, with 1 speaker.

Hook it to a 4X12 Cabinet, you now devide the Watts between 4 speakers.
So each speaker will be running at 10 Watts.

So 1 speaker at 40 watts, or 4 speakers at 10 Watts??

You might have a SLIGHT improvement, but not negligble. And certainly not worth the cost of the cabinet...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear