Hey UG,

I have now made a decision to make a determined effort to learn 8 finger tapping after watching some of Daniele Gottardo's Videos on youtube. Anyway, I have learnt this in the past yet gave up and now I have forgotten it.

I was just wondering if any of you have any good links to videos or any good advice on 8 finger tapping. e.g correct hand positioning etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Huge thank you in advance.
Quote by bass wizard
Hey UG,

I have now made a decision to make a determined effort to learn 8 finger tapping after watching some of Daniele Gottardo's Videos on youtube. Anyway, I have learnt this in the past yet gave up and now I have forgotten it.

I was just wondering if any of you have any good links to videos or any good advice on 8 finger tapping. e.g correct hand positioning etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Huge thank you in advance.

No specific examples really but follow Victor Wooten's advice: "The tapping hand should be treated the same way as the fretting hand"

So basically run all the exercises you did run with your fret hand but using only your tapping hand.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm no eight finger tapping God or anything, but I find that when pulling off with your right hand that it's a little easier if you flick your fingers away from the floor that way it's the same kind of motion as your left hand. I actually flick the opposite way when I'm tapping normally.
Just something for you to try out.
try this

t t t t t t t
--5-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4--------------------

The frets with t means right hand tap but i suppose you know.

Try to sound every note you pull-off.