Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of buying a Korg AX3000 multi' floorboard!
Firstly I'd like to hear anyone's opinions or experiences on/of this particular bit of kit.

It will be used exclusively at home for practice & recording into a pc.

I also plan to connect it into my Boss MicroBR (for recording). I know that the little Boss has it's own built-in effects but I need to be able to switch from one (effect) to another without having to scroll through a menu using buttons every time! I also need a vol' pedal (which the Korg has).

Hope to hear your views guys.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
I'd rather go for one of those Boss Multieffectboards...

Couple of years ago, when i started playing guitar, I used the Korg AX100G and I thought it's pretty cool. But all those effects on it are lame. I know that the 3000 is much better but I heard a lot of good things about the Boss.
I have had one about 9 months now I found it quite useful.

Previously I only had a Roland cube 30x and the Korg's distortions we're a real improvement on the cube the distortions give variety allowing cleans to blues, rock and metal etc. the delays are very good and give a variety of sound and the reverb is similar. The modulations I don't use a lot and most of the pre effects aren't needed but the Wah isn't bad and the compressor is excellent for incorporating lead lines into playing.

It does take a lot of tweaking to find a set of good sounds but with 4 different patches avaliable at one time and the ability to turn effects on and off in each patch at the same time it is definately versatile.

However I now have a Vox Valvetronix AD50 and the distortions on the Korg don't match up to the tube sound. However I still use the delay and reverb a lot as an integral part of my tone. And the other effects come in handy to. It's good for playing live but my friends Line 6 stompbox modeller is better for ease of use live.

The expression pedal is really useful I use it a lot for controlling gain, delay mix reverb length etc. This makes it easy to control a setting whilst playing just to add a little sound difference and make the song less boring.

Overall its a good piece of kit some of the functions are pretty pointless and it takes a while to find a killer tone but I've found it useful and it has definately added something to my playing.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by The Ax3man at Sep 11, 2009,
I have the Korg AX1500G and it can easily be used for home-recording. Altough I don`t really dig the flanger of it. But what I think is the best thing of the AX, is that you can have an A/B (Distortion or clean) channel for each setting. You have 1 - 2 - 3 and each has an A/B side, so you can go from 1 setting to 3 different ones with one touch of your foot. Wich comes in really handy. And there`s an individual mode, wich allows you to turn on/off the modulation, pedal function and ambiece seperately.

So for easily switching for effects I can recommend it...
The AX3000 is a bit old. I hope you are getting a killer deal. That said I think the AX series does have some pretty good distortion tones. I realize that you already have a recorder, but if you can find a GNX4 for around the same price as the 3000 I would go with it. 8 track recorder with controls from a F/S, plus looper and BT playback capability.
Thanks for the replies guys, you've given me food for thought.
fly135; I am getting a reasonable deal on the AX3000 & the GNX4 is indeed desirable but sadly it's a little out of my price range.
An alternative I'm considering is Line 6's Floorpod Plus, any experiences with that gear folks?
Quote by fly135
The AX3000 is a bit old. I hope you are getting a killer deal. That said I think the AX series does have some pretty good distortion tones. I realize that you already have a recorder, but if you can find a GNX4 for around the same price as the 3000 I would go with it. 8 track recorder with controls from a F/S, plus looper and BT playback capability.

they sell a use Gnx4 in my area for $140.Good deal?
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
they sell a use Gnx4 in my area for $140.Good deal?
That is a steal. If you don't want it I'll take it.
$140 wow!
Unfortunately I'm half way round the world so the flight cost would knock the price up a bit!
Buy it someone!
Another option is that I have a V-amp 2! Behringer make the FCB-1010 midi controller which (I think) can be used with the V-amp as a stomp box?

The thing is it ain't too cheap & I'm concerned that it would take a NASA scientist to set it up, but it does have a couple of expression pedals built in which I assume can be configured as vol' & wah.

Does anyone have any experiences with such a set up?
Latest;

I got the AX3000 as a birthday gift!

I love it, the `Synth' & `Drone' features suit my proggy & experimental leanings perfectly.

Thanks all for your contributions.