Alright I'll admit it. I've definitely got gas, and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm in the market for a new guitar and I've been looking at some Schecters and whatnot and today I came upon rondomusic and I started looking at their guitars. I found one that I'm interested in...

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2206.html

What do you guys think? Does anyone own one? From what I've read, they're great guitars for the money. I'd just like to hear other opinions so that if I do buy it, I wont feel like it's such an impulse buy
Well, it's got a licensed floyd.. Which basically isn't all that great. Agile offers great value for money, but I am personally pretty sceptical of every cheap floyd around. Of course you can replace it, but a real one will set you back around $150.

It's a nice guitar though and you can block the floyd... But maybe it's a better idea to buy a $370 without one.

But that's just me. I even sold my $2k JEM because the floyd pissed me off.

I would get this one:
http://www.rondomusic.com/SR1wh.html
And
*Sell pick ups and replace them with better ones
*Replace nut
*Replace tuners

Or get this one:
http://www.rondomusic.com/hornet.html
(and replace the nut, but that should be done to any guitar without a Graphtech )
Quote by Parad
Or get this one:
http://www.rondomusic.com/hornet.html
(and replace the nut, but that should be done to any guitar without a Graphtech )

I definitely like that one a lot better than the other you posted.

Maybe it would be dumb to get the floyd with it. I've never used a floyd and I figured if I got a guitar that was on the cheaper side with a floyd then I could get used to it and not be intimidated by it in the future.
Quote by r3h0ld3r
I definitely like that one a lot better than the other you posted.

Maybe it would be dumb to get the floyd with it. I've never used a floyd and I figured if I got a guitar that was on the cheaper side with a floyd then I could get used to it and not be intimidated by it in the future.

The risk of buying a 'cheap' guitar with a floyd is that you get put off by it. Floyds are more prone to go out of tune and are harder to change tunings with.

Do you need a floyd for the songs/music you like to play?

But please don't just listen to my opinion. I dislike Floyds and I am a little biased.
No I don't need a floyd...I don't shred much. I've yet to learn to solo really...I just was thinking about getting one to feel it out.
Personally if I were to buy an Agile I'd get a Valkyrie III Albino.

The price is ridiculous, and apparently it's pretty good.
Well...I went ahead and made a decision. I've purchased the hornet posted above. It ships with a case and the reaper can't fit into a traditional v case. Unfortunately it wont ship till october 1, so till then I'll just have to twiddle my thumbs. Nevertheless I'm excited!
the hornet is made of agathis!!! what have you done!
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
the hornet is made of agathis!!! what have you done!

Well I'm going to have to change the pickups anyway, so I'd put some actives in there. It wont make much of a difference.
It look pretty ugly, but if you know how it sounds and like it, buy it.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Well, I've received the hornet in the mail and I have to say it looks great! Being mostly a strat guy thus far in my music hobby, the V is a new shape to me. As soon as I picked it up, it felt a lot different than what I'm used to. After looking closer and playing it, the neck is great, in fact it's probably the best part about this guitar, however the body just felt wrong in my hands. Maybe it's because I'm not used to V's but I have a feeling that's not just it.

The pickups were unimpressive to say the least. Luckily (you'll see why in a moment) the pickup selector was broken and just flopped about as if it wasn't connected to anything. So I figured I'd just list all the things I didn't like about it to kurt and see what he had to say about it. Basically here's some flaws I found:

switch was broken
pickguard was sticking up from the body at the top
the neck was wider/discolored from about the 12th fret to about the 20th
one of the string thru holes in the back of the guitar was jutting out further than the guitars surface

Basically that's what I wrote to him and he just told me to fill out the return form on the site. Upon doing so I thought long and hard about whether it was worth it to keep it...and it all came down to the wood. I'm not keeping it, nor will I ever buy a guitar made of agathis and I advise you to do the same. It just didn't even feel right. I thought it was all a myth but I'm a firm believer now.

Just a word of warning...I'd stay away from the 6 string hornet.