Well, my guitarist has started using my Blackstar HT-DistX (my main dirt pedal) for his higher gain pedal, I don't really mind, because I'm using his rackmount multi-fx unit (Boss SX-700) all the time for my delays & such. But, some of our song do need a nice high gain dirt bass sound for when the guitars drop out, or when I need to fill up abit more sonic space, so could anyone suggest to me a relativly cheap pedal I can use, I'm happy to go used, & in the local guitar shop, I tried afew out that I quite liked (as in, could get a decent, useable, sound out off, but not much more) they where (don't shoot me) the Boss MT-2 & Digitech Deathmetal. Would anyone be able to suggest some more for me to demo?

Edit: My band is a hard rock band (if you want sub-genres... well, that's where it gets tricky, were abit of a mix of prog, classic rock, modern rock, metal, industrial, shoegaze & blues)

My current set up is a Dean Demonator/Traben Chaos Obsession/Fender P-Bass Special -> Korg Pitchblack -> Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive (set up for alittle bit of grit) -> USA Big Muff (soon to be replaced with a Devi Ever Super Massive Black Hole clone) -> Nobels Phaser -> Hartke LH500 (with the SX-700 in the FX loop) -> Marshal VBC 412.

Also, please, I've got my fuzz sorted, so there's no need for a suggestion like a Bass Big Muff, & my mild OD is sorted.
Last edited by higgins666 at Sep 11, 2009,
Boss ODB-3. Or whatever the bass overdrive pedal from Boss is called. It's more of a fuzz pedal, rather than an overdrive pedal. I like mine alot.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
I have a Meridian MTE-5 Metal Zone, which is a bit of a weapon. In my pro, the song 'Trojan Bitch', is my Rick copy thro' the Meridian, for a Lemmy-ish tone. The parametric mid is the trick in this one - it'll run from sludge to ear-piercing. Does great 'stuck wah' tones too. Amazingly easy on batteries.
And it's a good bit cheaper than the Boss.
so what you want is a heavy drive sound right?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
hmm.

for what you're saying, what creepingjesus said should fit.

another pedal, since you like having lots of options available while you're stomping around, a Sansamp DI- it can have up to 4 settings at once, depending on which pedal you get, there are 3 options. if you cut the bass and treble all the way, you'll get a nice mid boost- the internal knob is set to 5. and it can get both your light and heavy drive sounds well.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom