Hey guys,

I play through a Marshall DSL 50 watt head with a Marshall 1960 Lead Cab. Im looking for a second cab to keep in our practise space, and one to keep at home so i dont have to keep lugging around all my gear. For a live setting tho, im curious. If I wanted to run both amp cabs (Marshall 4x12 and a Mesa 4x12) off of the same head how would this be set up?

The Marshall Head, on mono setting runs at 4 or 16 ohms. 8 ohms at stereo which would cut down to 2 of the 4 speakers correct? The mesa cab runs 4ohms split for stereo, and 8 ohms mono.

How exactly would I set this up to use all 8 speakers in both cabs, without damaging anything?

Thanks a lot!
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Washburn WR120 Rocker Series
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
Here's the owners manual for your amp..

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/DSL100_50%20hbk.pdf

It has 3 speaker outputs

The left one is for the standard single 16 ohm cab

The other 2 are for any of the following combinations
single 4 Ohm cab, a single 8 Ohm, two, 8 Ohm cabs or two 16 Ohm cabs.

If the left output is used, the other 2 are disabled.

And there is a switch to change the amp from 4 to 8 ohms when the 2 jacks on the right are used.

Hope that helps..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
rewire the cabs so that they have the same impedance when running in mono.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Strat
Fender Mexi. Strat with DiMarzio Area '58's and '61
Breedlove AD-25 SR Plus

Original Crybaby
Modded Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-20 GigaDelay
Boss TU-2 Tuner
EHX LPB-1 Booster

Traynor YCS50H
Quote by FarFromDead
Hey guys,

I play through a Marshall DSL 50 watt head with a Marshall 1960 Lead Cab. Im looking for a second cab to keep in our practise space, and one to keep at home so i dont have to keep lugging around all my gear. For a live setting tho, im curious. If I wanted to run both amp cabs (Marshall 4x12 and a Mesa 4x12) off of the same head how would this be set up?

The Marshall Head, on mono setting runs at 4 or 16 ohms. 8 ohms at stereo which would cut down to 2 of the 4 speakers correct? The mesa cab runs 4ohms split for stereo, and 8 ohms mono.

How exactly would I set this up to use all 8 speakers in both cabs, without damaging anything?

Thanks a lot!

Yup that was the reasoning behind getting rid of my Krank cab... Only way around it is a complete rewire. Or a better option would be pulling two speakers out of each cab and X'ing them if you like the sound of both cabs together. Then you just luggin around 1 cab and getting the same tone.
hmm i was hoping it wasnt going to come down to a rewire
Gear

Seymour Duncan Pickups
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus
Quote by FarFromDead
hmm i was hoping it wasnt going to come down to a rewire

Why? It wouldn't even take 15 minutes. The longest part is taking the cover off and putting it back on again.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Why? It wouldn't even take 15 minutes. The longest part is taking the cover off and putting it back on again.

Im just not that famililar with working with that kind of stuff. I dont know much about ohms and that sort of thing, other than they need to match for the most part
Gear

Seymour Duncan Pickups
Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960 Lead Cab
Boss GT8
Boss Super Over Drive
Boss Super Chorus