I've heard that de ZR tremolos better on the s320, but uses really weak metals, is this true and will this destroy the whole tremolo?

but is the edge III really that bad as everyone says it is? Becouse there are so many people saying it plays godly and i can use those 2 extra frets. (i play melodeath)

thanks in advance (and sry for my horrible english)
Last edited by shenkeey at Sep 11, 2009,
well, if you don't need a trem, i'd get the RG and just block the trem. but if you do need it, get the S.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
the RG has more frets
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by shenkeey
I've heard that de ZR tremolos better on the s320, but uses really weak metals, is this true and will this destroy the whole tremolo?

No, it will not destroy the whole unit - just a small part on it. It is rare for that part to break, I would not worry about that.
Quote by Vlasco
No, it will not destroy the whole unit - just a small part on it. It is rare for that part to break, I would not worry about that.

alright thanks everyone, but is the edge III really that bad (i know its not the best, but that bad as everyone says it is?
Quote by learningplayer
the RG has more frets

thanks for stating the obvious. TS already knew this. and more frets doesn't always meen it's a better guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
No I've heard that the ZR tremelo is way better than the Edge III. It's the Edge that uses weak metals etc. And yes, it's pretty much true, doesn't happen to everyone but with most people in a few months it starts going out of tune a lot more and eventually you're just gonna want to block it. Just get a hardtail though, I say this a lot, not really worth it to get a trem on low end guitars.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
from what i hear, the zr uses weak/lower quality metals but the design (ball bearings, not knife edges) means that by and large that doesn't matter. which is not the case with the edge III. Could be wrong, but that's what i've always heard.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by falconthefirst
No I've heard that the ZR tremelo is way better than the Edge III. It's the Edge that uses weak metals etc. And yes, it's pretty much true, doesn't happen to everyone but with most people in a few months it starts going out of tune a lot more and eventually you're just gonna want to block it. Just get a hardtail though, I say this a lot, not really worth it to get a trem on low end guitars.

So i cant get a good tremolo for low end guitars?! not even the zr on the s320's worth it? can someone confirm this?
Quote by randomhero93
well, if you don't need a trem, i'd get the RG and just block the trem. but if you do need it, get the S.

they do a hard tail rg series

the edge3 and zr trems aren`t that bad providing you look after it , providing you maintain them properly, even a edge pro or zero trem can fail.