This is my Spector Euro 5er. As you can see from the pictures I used to own a Euro LX5, but I sold it after I bought this one. The non LX version has solid maple wings and a thinner neck.

First of all, the colour is amazing, it's a lovely transparent emerald stain on solid quilted maple wings and 3 piece maple neck thru. This thing feels amazingly solid and you can really feel the whole bass resonating when you pluck a note, needless to say the sustain is fantastic. The action was on the deck when I bought it, but I've raised it a little since-
Of all the basses I've played and owned this one has had the lowest action. I play with medium action so I had to adjust it, but it shows the quality of the fretwork if anything. Being 35" scale the B string is solid, no dead spots anywhere and a very even response across the neck.

Tone: I love the Spector tone, it may not be for everyone but I think it's perfect for the stuff I play with my band. It's aggressive and cuts through the mix with no problem whatsoever. I usually run it with both pickups full, bit of treble and bass boost and play with my fingers. With some light distortion it's sounds a bit like Alex Webster (Blotted Science/Cannibal Corpse), except without the crazy 3 finger playing. I must say though, it's not the perfect bass for everything. I tried playing some acoustic stuff (I'm not just a metalhead you know) at a gig and the tone was way too aggressive.

Specs:

3 piece maple neck thru w/ graphite reinforcement
Quilted maple wings
Rosewood board
EMG 40DC pickups
Spector 18v preamp

The obligatory pictures:

Nice bass I believe Arif from Protest the Hero plays one exactly similar.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Thats my next bass, after a Dingwall Combustion. Same color and everything. Except mine will have a Aguilar OBP-3 3 band eq and Kahler trem
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Thats one of my favorite basses! Sad that i cant buy it
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Quote by Captain Insano
Spector's have some of the nicest finishes going.....

It's almost tragic I'm such a Fender junkie.

A Jazz that color...oh my god...

Welcome to the club! haha
Nice bass. You said yours has an 18v Spector preamp? Mine has an Aguilar. I think mine may be older, judging by the finish on the bridge. Mine has sort of a matte finish whereas yours has a gloss finish. I like yours much better, but who am I to complain? I agree with what you said about the aggressive tone, too. This thing NAILS the early Pantera tone that Rex Brown had. Anyway, congrats on the bass. Post some sound clips!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12

Welcome to the club! haha
Nice bass. You said yours has an 18v Spector preamp? Mine has an Aguilar. I think mine may be older, judging by the finish on the bridge. Mine has sort of a matte finish whereas yours has a gloss finish. I like yours much better, but who am I to complain? I agree with what you said about the aggressive tone, too. This thing NAILS the early Pantera tone that Rex Brown had. Anyway, congrats on the bass. Post some sound clips!

I've not actually looked inside it properly yet but I figured the preamp sounded pretty similar to my old Euro, so it was the same one. They've also changed the bridge for the LXs, since the new ones have the Spector logo on them, but neither of ours do.

I'd love to have a NS-2 or even a REX 4 string - big Pantera fan here

I'm working on some recordings right now, as a matter of fact.
Quote by thedonutman
I've not actually looked inside it properly yet but I figured the preamp sounded pretty similar to my old Euro, so it was the same one. They've also changed the bridge for the LXs, since the new ones have the Spector logo on them, but neither of ours do.

I'd love to have a NS-2 or even a REX 4 string - big Pantera fan here

I'm working on some recordings right now, as a matter of fact.

Good. If you'd like to hear one of my band's recordings with my Spector, I'd be glad to send it to you. It ended up getting a pretty gnarly metal tone through my SVT and 8x10.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Quote by Your41Plague12
Good. If you'd like to hear one of my band's recordings with my Spector, I'd be glad to send it to you. It ended up getting a pretty gnarly metal tone through my SVT and 8x10.

Sounds good, you guys have a website/myspace/facebook/soundclick?

I'm going for a similar tone actually, although I'm layering a bunch of different reamped sounds for it, including some SVT, should sound huge.
Quote by thedonutman
Sounds good, you guys have a website/myspace/facebook/soundclick?

I'm going for a similar tone actually, although I'm layering a bunch of different reamped sounds for it, including some SVT, should sound huge.

It's under reconstruction right now, I could just post a song somewhere if anyone else wants to hear it. This is strictly to judge a bass tone, too, I don't mean to be promoting or anything.

Public Outcry - Perseverence of the Wretched
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

I'll swap you my purple one for the green .
Same specs as Your41Plague12's.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB