Ok, so my next guitar is going to be a flying V with decent pickups, and a floyd rose.
My budget is £700 - £1000

So far, after doing plenty of research I narrowed it down to 3 choices.
So, which do you guys think is the best for me (me = playing metal like CoB and lamb of god)
Or do you think there are better options for me which I havent come across?

1.) ESP LTD Alexi-600
RRP: £950 but i've seen lots of dealers selling it for about £700.

2.) Jakcson Demmelition King V
about £980

3.) ESP V-401 DX
it's about £750.
I'd go with the V-401 by the looks you get 2 volume controls and a neck pickup and i've always prefered the look of the V-401
I love the new alexi-600's (blacky/scythe) but i would take the 401 over the other ones because it's cheaper, i think it looks the best out of those 3 and has 2 pickups (even if they are the same, just swap one out).

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Alexi-600 imo
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
I would go with the v-401 just because it isnt a signature models and i cant help but shy away from using someone elses guitar.
Schecter flying tiger, Boss ME-20, zakk wylde micro stack

Currently listening to: Bonded by blood (vengeance), Municipal Waste (shredded offering), Gama Bomb (last ninjas unite)
I would go with the V-401, cause if you wanted to do lead you have the neck pickup there.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
the alexi, neck quality is fantastic and it feels weighted better than any of the other v's i have tried
~Defiant~
I like the Alexi only because I think the RR style V's look a lot better than the regular V's.
But then you only get one PU.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
BC Rich NJ Deluxe V? Consider it.

Definitely do not go for the Alexi. I've never played the Jackson, but the LTD is very nice.
i would go for the ESP V-401 DX
with signiture guitars your normally paying more for what its worth just because it has someones name on it.
NEWCASTLE

UNITED!

My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-401QMNT
Marshall AVT150H
Peavey Valve King Cab
True, but on the V-401dx, i'm worried about the floyd rose special bridge.
As far as I know it's a lisencsed floyd rose, and im not sure who make it. So will it stay in tune while I use it?
Quote by Metallica1554
True, but on the V-401dx, i'm worried about the floyd rose special bridge.
As far as I know it's a lisencsed floyd rose, and im not sure who make it. So will it stay in tune while I use it?

It should be a Floyd with ESP imprinted in it. It isn't a OFR, but it's one of the better liscensed Floyd's out there.
Check out ESP SV's; RR shape, but not a sig
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Why shouldn't i go for the demmelition V?
Isn't it better since it has an original floyd rose, and apart from that it's virtually the same as the V-401 DX?
The FR Special is quite a good trem. It's made from an inferior metal, but is still a good trem. I wouldn't pay an extra 250 for the demmelition, just for the OFR. If you want, get the ESP and drop on an OFR. It'll cost less than the jackson.
Personally, I'd rather have an MIJ Jackson than a non Deluxe series LTD. Not to say that the V-401 isn't a good guitar, I just think the Jackson will be better overall quality. And its a little radical in the shape but its nothing over the top
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
I'd go for either the Alexi 600 or the 401 DX. I personally like the RR shape more, but since the original Alexi's guitar was made outside US, it had more of a RR shape. The bottom fin is smaller (i think that looks sick ass), but you can't get that in US easily. Go to Japan for one

The 401 looks sick too, but it depends what shape and details you like more. Don't get the Demmelition, though.

Just choose between the 401 and 600.

BTW, you can get a SD Blackout (active) or a passive EMG in the 600. That's only one pickup. In the 401, you get TWO EMG 81's (both active). Try em out if you can.