I dont know which i should buy!

Explorer: €999
Telecaster: €1040

I play anything from Indie/Alternative to Rock/Metal so it's not really a matter of which genre i play.

So which one do you think is better?

2008 Fender American Telecaster.

Or

Gibson Explorer?
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
Have you tried either? They both have two completley different sounds, so if you haven't you will want to try them both out.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Have you tried either? They both have two completley different sounds, so if you haven't you will want to try them both out.

Ive never played either but my old guitar teacher used to have a telecaster and it sounded amazing.
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

teleteleteleteleteleteleteleteleteleteletele
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
tele. Fender are better and higher quality; with gibsons u are just paying for the logo on the headstock and their quality control has gone to pots recently
apparently so, but they are both COMPLETELY different. So you should try them both first
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by flashmdg
tele. Fender are better and higher quality; with gibsons u are just paying for the logo on the headstock and their quality control has gone to pots recently

as much i like the gibson brand, this. their newer guitars have been complete garbage. what kind of amp do you have?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
These two will have completely different sounds, not to mention feel. You really need to try them out or at least choose which sound you prefer.
You have 2 totally different guitars, you MUST try both (and maybe others) before buying
Laura: Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Sam: Samick Stratocaster Copy (first guitar)
----
Marshall MG250DFX
----
Boss SD-1
Onerr Super Distortion
Last edited by juniorlbj at Sep 11, 2009,
Go with the Explorer, but get an Epiphone, I played both Gibson and Epi Exporers and i didnt feel/hear much of a dfference, certainly not $900 worth of difference, telecasters are great guitars but the Explorer has a much more versatile tone and you'll be able to play many more genres with it without sounding out of place
Quote by juniorlbj
You have 2 totally different guitars, you MUST try both (and maybe others) before buying

A lot of people are telling me to try both!

But i don't know anyone with either one of these two guitars so i cannot try them.
"I want a drink"

And in the question of Genre..i have a Epiphone SG so that kinda sways me towards the Tele...what do you think?
"I want a drink"

try both before you do anything. but my opinion would be to go with the epi explorer. you can save your money and it just seems to have more of a solid sound whereas the tele seems to be hollow. i could be wrong about that, but ts just my opinon
There are no shops in your area that carry either of those brands? Or just those models, because at the very least I think you should try guitars of the same type even if they aren't the same model. Just to get a feel for the guitars.
Quote by Shabadoo
There are no shops in your area that carry either of those brands? Or just those models, because at the very least I think you should try guitars of the same type even if they aren't the same model. Just to get a feel for the guitars.

I have to drive 60/70 km to the nearest music shop.
That music shop has 20 guitars.
About 15 of those guitars are cheap knock-offs.
They have a Stratocaster, Epiphone SG G-400 and 3 other crappy guitars.

So no...no i can't do that
"I want a drink"

Get the Telecaster. I often refer Explorers, Fly V's as "Show Guitars" meaning they look good on stage but they are really awkward to play sitting down. Bands like BFMV play V's on stage but I think Matt Tuck uses suped up Strats in the studio.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
I'd rather have the Telecaster, but I very much prefer 25.5 scale to 24.75.

At the same time, an Explorer shaped guitar is on my list as well...

It's all about feel, those two guitars are about as different as you can get but each one potentially can be very versatile. So you've gotta play em.
Quote by BoxerLadABC
I have to drive 60/70 km to the nearest music shop.
That music shop has 20 guitars.
About 15 of those guitars are cheap knock-offs.
They have a Stratocaster, Epiphone SG G-400 and 3 other crappy guitars.

So no...no i can't do that

Well then at least decide on which tone you prefer. The explorer will be closer in feel and tone to your SG, obviously much improved but closer than the tele.