Hi, I just sold my Electric guitar because I don't really use it in my aparatment with the amp. So now I only got my Fender CD 60 which I bought this winter. I don't want to buy a new guitar because I think it sounds pretty good for it's price.

The regular price is around: 1,800 Swedish kronor (Around 250 US dollar)

But I got it for around: 1,000 Swedish kronor (Around 140 US dollar)

Anyway, what could I do to improve the sound?

Strings
I really need a new pair of strings. Should I go pricy with a pair of Elexir? Does it makes difference in sound compared to cheaper?

Tunings pegs
Could I change the tuning pegs to a better ones so that the guitar stays in tune for a bit longer?

Please give tips for how to make it a bit hotter and better
Thanks

(I'm swedish so my enlgish is not to great)
Quote by murvis92
Anyway, what could I do to improve the sound?
Not much. Except for strings, the tone is mostly determined by the guitar body.

Quote by murvis92
Strings
I really need a new pair of strings. Should I go pricy with a pair of Elexir? Does it makes difference in sound compared to cheaper?
Elixirs last longer because of the coating. But they don't improve the tone, when new. Some people dislike the way they sound.

Your guitar was set up with:
D'Addario® EXP-26 Phosphor Bronze, Gauges .011 to .052
Changing the diameter or metals used in the strings will affect the intonation.
Unless you know what you're doing, it will be easiest to use phosphor bronze strings with the same gauges.

Quote by murvis92
Tunings pegs
Could I change the tuning pegs to a better ones so that the guitar stays in tune for a bit longer?
Before changing the tuners, you should evaluate the way you're wrapping the strings. If you have too many winds, or if the strings are slipping on the pegs, the best tuners in the world won't help.

Also, your problem with tuning drift may be due to the strings binding at the nut.

OR you could be tuning in the "wrong direction".
Always tune upward, and stop when the string is in tune.
If you pass the correct tuning and go too sharp, bring the string flat, then tune upward.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.