Hi, I just sold my Electric guitar because I don't really use it in my aparatment with the amp. So now I only got my Fender CD 60 which I bought this winter. I don't want to buy a new guitar because I think it sounds pretty good for it's price.

The regular price is around: 1,800 Swedish kronor (Around 250 US dollar)

But I got it for around: 1,000 Swedish kronor (Around 140 US dollar)

Anyway, what could I do to improve the sound?

Strings
I really need a new pair of strings. Should I go pricy with a pair of Elexir? Does it makes difference in sound compared to cheaper?

Tunings pegs
Could I change the tuning pegs to a better ones so that the guitar stays in tune for a bit longer?

Please give tips for how to make it a bit hotter and better
Thanks

(I'm swedish so my enlgish is not to great)
whats with the multiple forum posting?
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
You should probably oil the fretboard and sand the frets to a polish.

Expensive strings won't make too much of a tone difference, just a difference in life longevity.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Get new pickups, the wood of your guitar makes a difference aswell. Strings and tuners wont do **** lol.
Quote by TheDill
Get new pickups, the wood of your guitar makes a difference aswell. Strings and tuners wont do **** lol.

Shut the fuck up.

a CD 60 is an ACOUSTIC, strings and tuners are possibly the 2 biggest influences on tone. New pickups do not alter your tone anywhere near as much as you're making out.

Upgrading the nut would help but it's alot harder on an acoustic.
You could upgrade your nut/saddle to bone/graphtech ones. Get some good tuners (gotoh, schaller,wilkinson) and some good strings, I like martin acoustic strings but thats just opinion.

Read through the forums to gather information and opinions on the different brands for hardware and go from there.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
You could upgrade your nut/saddle to bone/graphtech ones. Get some good tuners (gotoh, schaller,wilkinson) and some good strings, I like martin acoustic strings but thats just opinion.

Read through the forums to gather information and opinions on the different brands for hardware and go from there.

Can my local guitardealer do this?
Quote by murvis92
Can my local guitardealer do this?

They should be able to yeah, they usually charge alot more to install them than they should though (well here in the uk they do).

You could do some reading through these forums and other websites 'projectguitar.com' for instance and learn how to remove and install hardware yourself, its not particularly hard. But if you dont want to do this then your guitar dealer should be able to do it for you but be prepared to spend a bit extra.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.