Hey all, this is my first post. I'm looking for a good $300 amp in the neighborhood of 30 watts. I am not in a band but I play at home and jam with friends occaisionally. I play a lot of metal and some clean/acoustic stuff. Right now I have a 15w Orange amp and it's pitiful. Any suggestions? I'm looking at Peavy, Crate, and Line6 right now. If it helps at all my guitar is a Schecter C1 with EMGs.
Last edited by AndStuff at Sep 11, 2009,
What 15W?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You MIGHT be able to find a Used Classic 30 for $300...Maybe...
Otherwise, keep saving..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
look at a blackstar ht-5 it costs $400 new and should be easy to find for about $300, it may only be 5 watts but it will be plenty for what you want to use it for, and it will make the emg's sound better
Look for small Laney valve amps. They are pretty good. Either the LC 15-R or the VC 15 , they both have reverb but VC 15 has 2 chanels, a bit less gain than the LC 15 but better cleans. I got an LC 15-R, it has a respectable tone and def better sound than my cube 15 X. Since it is a one chanel amp only the cleans aren't as good as the VC 15 but it had a bit more distortion which is what i wanted since i play Old School Meta. But to get it to Metal Territory (at least old school like metallica) you will need to A-Either crank the amp to about volume 7 which is VERY VERY LOUD (it mite be 15w but its very loud for its wattage ,way louder than the cube 15X) or get a pedal to push the amp. A while ago i bought a IBANEZ TUBE KING pedal and that combined with the amp make a great combination, the amp on itself doesn't really have that voicing for more heavy metal and for that i use the pedal (it has 3 band EQ so i can get a heavy tone). The amp on itself has a nice warm type of tone which i love so much. I play it trough a cort EVL Z4 with passive EMG's (EMG HZ-H4).

Anyways man, check out those amps they are pretty decent for their price.
I like the suggestions, I'm not really looking for used but I will definitely check them out. Does anybody have any info on the Crate Flexwave FW65? It's $299 on Musicians Friend, 65 watts w/ a 12" spkr and 3 channels. Looks like a good deal, any info?
BEER. IS. GOOD!... and stuff
Fender Super Champ XD. two channels, built in acoustic simulator + nice effects, lots of gain on tap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
What 15W?

Has to be a crush.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top (Wine red)
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
EHX Little Big Muff
EHX Small Clone
EHX Deluxe Memory Man
^ that's what I'm thinking as well. I just want a confirmation.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Jhachey22
Fender Super Champ XD. two channels, built in acoustic simulator + nice effects, lots of gain on tap.

+1

nuff said
Control your destiny.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ that's what I'm thinking as well. I just want a confirmation.

It is in fact a Crush, it's just kind of falling short in every area right now. It buzzes no matter how I have it set, the level of distortion seems to vary every time I turn it on and even at its highest it's not quite heavy enough.

I guess what I'm looking for is the most distortion I can get for $300 and I'd prefer that it last a lot longer than a year before it starts having problems.
BEER. IS. GOOD!... and stuff
Quote by AndStuff
It is in fact a Crush, it's just kind of falling short in every area right now. It buzzes no matter how I have it set, the level of distortion seems to vary every time I turn it on and even at its highest it's not quite heavy enough.

I guess what I'm looking for is the most distortion I can get for $300 and I'd prefer that it last a lot longer than a year before it starts having problems.

Super Champ has lots of gain on tap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
no need to post,we can tell by your name

Yeah he won't recommend anything that isn't a Krank It's kinda annoying tbh.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.