View poll results: which one?
TT
8 26%
NT
11 35%
AC4
12 39%
Voters: 31.
I'm looking for an amp which will give me a good classic rock tone and takes pedals well. It would also be nice to have an amp which is versatile. Bedroom playing to small gigs (w/ a PA if necessary)

so, which one would you reccomend?
I voted AC4, but really look into a Blckheart Little Giant. I have one and it's in the class of my boutique 18watt clone. They are GREAT little amps.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The TT lacks good cleans from what i hear, but it's got good cleans IMO

The NT is a more higher gain AC15, but not enough for really hard rock, plus it is more Modern Voiced

The AC4 is like a tiny Marshall, has a built in attenuator, (4 watts, 1 watt, 1/4 watts, deffinatly a good amp but may be too tiny for gigs)

I was actually thinking of the AC4 and using my PA to gig with....
Quote by Gabel
I voted AC4, but really look into a Blckheart Little Giant. I have one and it's in the class of my boutique 18watt clone. They are GREAT little amps.

This. I absolutely adore the Little Giant my guitar shop has. Every time I go there I end up spending at least an hour with it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'm thinking AC4 + Marshall Pedals will get me everything I want... And there'll be enough let over for a good wah!
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This. I absolutely adore the Little Giant my guitar shop has. Every time I go there I end up spending at least an hour with it.

Yeah. I had tried one a few times and loved it. Then I bought myself one and plugged it in and it amazes me. Such a great little amp!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

If you're 99% in the bedroom, I would say the AC4, otherwise you'll almost never get to crank it up.
Quote by blue_strat
If you're 99% in the bedroom, I would say the AC4, otherwise you'll almost never get to crank it up.

there are combo attenuators
meh, the TT is way overrated on this board. if you're only using it for practice, go fer it. if you don't need cleans, you could even get by micing it at a gig.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
meh, the TT is way overrated on this board. if you're only using it for practice, go fer it. if you don't need cleans, you could even get by micing it at a gig.

I agree on that. I loved the TT when it came out. Back then it was the only decently priced 15W tube amp. Nowadays there are so many better choices, but the TT still has the rep, hence it's so popular.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

well, I've narrowed it down to the Night Train (because it looks awesome and sounds pretty cool) and the AC4. I'll be using 2 Marshall Analog dist/OD pedals with it. Whatever I do I'll be getting a wah (cuz Vox are offering one free with the NT and if I buy the AC4 I'll just buy one) so, for home use and a bit of gigging, which one? I'd say 90% of my playing is @ home.
Quote by Gabel
I agree on that. I loved the TT when it came out. Back then it was the only decently priced 15W tube amp. Nowadays there are so many better choices, but the TT still has the rep, hence it's so popular.

personally, i think the name sells it, just like the Haze.

there are lots of really nice practice/low wattage amps that never get mentioned around here.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by britishsligean
there are combo attenuators

There are indeed, but it's an extra cost.
I haven't played the ac4, but I have played the Tiny Terror and Night Train. The Tiny terror had a much bigger overdriven sound. Really filled the room. The Vox is a bit throatier (sounds a bit like an overdriven ac30, with that upper midrange bark), whereas the orange is more like a smaller JCM800. The Vox sounded much better at bedroom levels than the TT though. That really had to be turned up to sound any good, and it's a very loud amp.
So yeah... depends what you want. If you want to practice and jam, I'd say the Vox. If you just want to jam/gig and have a fairly loud drummer, the Orange will be a lot of fun. They're both very good amps in their own way.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

The AC4 is great and will easily handle classic rock but for gigging I imagine you'll want a 15 watt.
^^ I don't think the TT sounds anything like my 800.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
aren't you in the UK? I seem to remember that you are... could be wrong, though. If you are, consider the valvepower 18 watter. It has power scaling now, so is fine for home playing. The price seems to have gone up in the last few days, but it's still only £315 including postage, which is roughly the same price as the tiny terror, and if you ask me, it annihilates it.

EDIT: link: http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

LOL I seem to be pimping it out in every thread I post in.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
aren't you in the UK? I seem to remember that you are... could be wrong, though. If you are, consider the valvepower 18 watter. It has power scaling now, so is fine for home playing. The price seems to have gone up in the last few days, but it's still only £315 including postage, which is roughly the same price as the tiny terror, and if you ask me, it annihilates it.

I did the same once I got my 18watter and with this Europe based one I can't do anything else than say it's a great choice
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Dave_Mc
haha

I really like the Night Train, personally. It sounds decent at low volumes and can be gigged, particularly if you use a 4x12 cabinet, as the sound is more effective and pronounced. But I plan on buying the valvepower amp in the next six months, so I'd suggest it, as well. But I haven't tried it, so don't take my word for it.
Quote by Dave_Mc

i know what you mean. when i got my Egnater, i suggested it to everyone.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
^

Quote by Gabel
I did the same once I got my 18watter and with this Europe based one I can't do anything else than say it's a great choice

Quote by AngryGoldfish
haha

I really like the Night Train, personally. It sounds decent at low volumes and can be gigged, particularly if you use a 4x12 cabinet, as the sound is more effective and pronounced. But I plan on buying the valvepower amp in the next six months, so I'd suggest it, as well. But I haven't tried it, so don't take my word for it.

hehe

I haven't tried the nighttrain or the ac4, yet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I haven't tried the nighttrain or the ac4, yet.

you're really missing out, bro. the AC4 is probably one of the nicest mass produced all tube practice amps out there.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
hehe... but the advantage of not trying it means I don't have GAS for one...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I voted AC4, because I love it. I hope to get my hands on one soon

You may also want to look at the new Marshall Class 5?

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
DON'T get the Tiny Terror, it's way too dark for classic rock. The Night Train sounds good from what I have heard so far.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
well, it seems there is hope! Just found out there is a dealer for the Hayden MoFo fairly near to me, so may be able to pick one up! If not, I'll go night train
Quote by stykerwolf
They out?

I don't think so...

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
yeah they are. well, i know people on other forums have some already, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
well, it seems there is hope! Just found out there is a dealer for the Hayden MoFo fairly near to me, so may be able to pick one up! If not, I'll go night train

Sweet! tell me how it is. I've heard clips, and they sound awesome, but clips never truly do an amp justice.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater