I'm in school right now, in my computer class, and wanted to ask for help with a problem in my Geometry homework; I've got all of it done except this problem. The diagram has a line with G on the end, E in the middle (although according to another problem, I'm pretty sure it isn' the exact midpoint) and H on the end. Me and 4 other people have all concluded it's impossible, but I just wanted to run it by UG; you have to solve for Y, and are given these equations:

GE = 3y
GH = 7y-4
EH = 24

Anyone else finding a possible solution? Just wanted to double check.
Quote by blue_strat
7y-4 = 3y+24

7y = 3y+28

~ 4y = 28

y = 7

/thread

TS, How was that hard?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by blue_strat
I think he's just lazy.

Yeah we learned that stuff in 6th grade....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by blue_strat
7y-4 = 3y+24

7y = 3y+28

~ 4y = 28

y = 7

What the hell? I'm sorry, one of the people I was working with threw me off. I came up with that answer, but he plugged it into the equation and said it was wrong; he must have went wrong at some point. Now that I plug it in myself, you're right. I'm going to go tell him (he's in this class with me). Thanks.
i would have just left it if it was the only question left and i couldn't get it....
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Rocketface2112
i would have just left it if it was the only question left and i couldn't get it....

I've left school - no one can make me do an equation ever again!

But then I still choose to do them
It's kind of sad how far our schools are behind yours; this is a sophmore class (meaning 10th grade, when you're 15-16, in case anyone has a different system), which I'm taking as a Freshman, yet all of you are way beyond this.
Quote by herby190
It's kind of sad how far our schools are behind yours; this is a sophmore class (meaning 10th grade, when you're 15-16, in case anyone has a different system), which I'm taking as a Freshman, yet all of you are way beyond this.

Where do you go to school? Geometry is a Freshman class at my school, we go from Geometry all the way to calculus.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by parigod
Where do you go to school? Geometry is a Freshman class at my school, we go from Geometry all the way to calculus.
Well, I just moved here, but even at my old school, Algebra was the Freshman class.