I'm planning on buying a Krank Rev Jr. Pro. It comes it 20 watt and 50 watt choices. Which would be the best for metal such as Arch Enemy and Children of Bodom? I want tuns of gain.
50w
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Are you playing in bedroom, or in a band and gigging??

Bedroom = 20 Watts
Gigging = 50 Watts

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
50 if you gig
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
The more headroom you can get the happier you will be. Also volume is marginal from 20-50. When talking cranked per cranked even a 1/4 tube amp is to loud for a bedroom practice amp for a house or apartment even more so is a 5 watter. So its moot point when anyone says its going to be to loud. And hell if anything its the opposite when giging because you have a pa system. And a sure fire way to piss off your sound tech and make the mix sound horrible is someone with a cranked 100watt head trying to mister solo...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
The more headroom you can get the happier you will be. Also volume is marginal from 20-50. When talking cranked per cranked even a 1/4 tube amp is to loud for a bedroom practice amp for a house or apartment even more so is a 5 watter. So its moot point when anyone says its going to be to loud. And hell if anything its the opposite when giging because you have a pa system. And a sure fire way to piss off your sound tech and make the mix sound horrible is someone with a cranked 100watt head trying to mister solo...
+1
The difference between 20 and 50 is minimal when you crank it. 20 watts through four 12" speakers is very loud, and the human ear finds it difficult to negotiate volume separations and differences when the decibals are that high.
I'd personally suggest the 50 watts. Also, start off with a 2x12 cabinet. I don't know what comes with the Krank (if there is one), but you can always upgrade to 4x12 in the future to amplify your sound further.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
+1
The difference between 20 and 50 is minimal when you crank it. 20 watts through four 12" speakers is very loud, and the human ear finds it difficult to negotiate volume separations and differences when the decibals are that high.
I'd personally suggest the 50 watts. Also, start off with a 2x12 cabinet. I don't know what comes with the Krank (if there is one), but you can always upgrade to 4x12 in the future to amplify your sound further.

I think the 50 watt version comes with the same cab as the 20 watt version
As most already said, go for the 50 watt..it will be a good solution between bedrom and gigging..With the 50 watt you can play at home, ok using it at very low volume won't "pull out the real vibes out of it" as someone would say,but in my opinion it doesn't really matter at an appartament suitable volume!
If you buy the 20 watt, you won't be able to gig!
I have a KRANK REV JR 50 watt. I run it through the 2x12 @ home and I run it through a 4x12 @ gigs. When you krank it up it's f***ing loud as hell. It's hard to believe its 50 watts. It also has a wider range than people give it credit for. It's not only great for metal.
umm, this is going at the question all wrong. you should be looking at components of the 2 amps, not the specs. the specs reflect the components that give you tone. the closest thing to the truth here is ibanez psycho and angrygoldfish. the loudness will hardly be negotiable, headroom will be a bit of the issue between the 2. but really, you need to find what makes the amps different and how that effects the tone of the amps.

this question is close to: "should i get the 220 hp car or the 250 hp car", when really you should be asking yourself "is one naturally aspirated and the other turbo, is one 4 wheel drive and the other rear wheel drive, is one rear engine mounted and the other front engine mounted, is one lighter than the other?" your ignoring what makes the amps different and focusing on a spec that gives little insight into what makes the tonal nuances of the amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
50W. That way youll be able to play your cleans at higher volumes
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by gumbilicious
umm, this is going at the question all wrong. you should be looking at components of the 2 amps, not the specs. the specs reflect the components that give you tone. the closest thing to the truth here is ibanez psycho and angrygoldfish. the loudness will hardly be negotiable, headroom will be a bit of the issue between the 2. but really, you need to find what makes the amps different and how that effects the tone of the amps.

this question is close to: "should i get the 220 hp car or the 250 hp car", when really you should be asking yourself "is one naturally aspirated and the other turbo, is one 4 wheel drive and the other rear wheel drive, is one rear engine mounted and the other front engine mounted, is one lighter than the other?" your ignoring what makes the amps different and focusing on a spec that gives little insight into what makes the tonal nuances of the amp.

haha i couldn't have said it any better, its amazing how u can compare almost anything to cars
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah