Hey UG!!

I know I've made a million amp threads already, and i promise this is the last one, as I'm going to the States in a week or so.

Here goes....

How the hell do u guys find gr8 deals on eBay? Seeing as there are so many different options.
And how do you tell which ones are good??

For example I'm a metalhead, and i want a small 112 combo
1) So I can move it around easily, and take it with me back home from the States
2) Its cheaper, and I'm not gonna need a stack for a while

But, i never know what to search.
I'm looking for a nice 112 combo, preferably a 5150/6505 (doesn't matter if its the I or the II, or the plus or regular) or a XXX (also doesn't matter if its super or regular, or EFX or not).

tl; dr, HOW THE HELL DO YOU USE EBAY TO GET GOOD AMPS/GEAR??
Budget is 500 USD, max 600$
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
search for 5150/6505 or an XXX? :S
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Where will you be in the states (are you vacationing or staying with friends/relatives) and how long will you be here?
ya
but i never seem to find a good deal

whereas all u gys here seem to find amazing deals
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Where will you be in the states (are you vacationing or staying with friends/relatives) and how long will you be here?

im gonna be there for about 10 days, and come bak a day before skool starts

but theres rumors that skools gonna be postponed a week for swine flu vaccinations so i might stay an extra week
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
well there's also gonna be the issue of you (I guess) not having 110V where you live..
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Well unless you're gonna be somewhere with an address (such as a friend/family member's house) then ebay isn't the way to go. I dunno if they will ship things to hotels and what not.

You may wanna search whichever city you will be in on Craigslist. Then you can actually go try out the stuff before you buy it.
nah man dont worry

all my stuff here is 110v, we have a ****load of transformers, i never buy anything unless its from the states. so thats not an issue

EDIT: forgot to mention ill be staying at my cousins house (s)
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Finding a good deal on ebay is pretty much a patience and luck game. You just check the prices on it everyday, and if a good price pops up, watch it til the last hour or so. If the price is still good, bid on it. You just have to wait til a good price shows up.

I just ordered and ENGL Powerball from eBay wednesday for 1200 dollars. The prices usually float around 1700, but eventually someone got desperate and posted it for 12. You just gotta sit back and wait for a deal, and check EVERY day.

EDIT: If youre only staying 10 days, ebay probably isnt the way to go. Even if you get lucky and find a good deal the first day, the auction will usually last a week, and depending on where youre getting it from and what shipment method youre able to get, shipping could take anywhere from 1-10 business days. +1 to Craigslist.
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at Sep 11, 2009,
hmm, ya thought of that

but i considered the fact that if i did find a good deal while i was here, i would tell my cousin to buy it and pay him wen i go there
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
That could work. Just know you cant count on a good deal anytime soon. Heck, you might never get one, or you could go look tommorrow and get an awesome deal. Thats eBay for you.
if ebay doesnt work out my backup plan is the b-52 at 112, only thing i hate is that there is no master volume (unless im an idiot and didnt c it in front of me)
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The trick with eBay is picking something that has minimal descriptives and doesn't seem designed to attract collectors, like a JCM 800 with torn tolex. Auctions that end at odd times help as well since only very dedicated people may be online to bid.

You then get all the information you need by asking the seller a dump truck full of questions.

If satisfied with their answers, you watch the item in My eBay. Pick an amount you're willing to spend on this item, the absolute maximum. Then you wait until the auction is less than 30 seconds from ending and you bid that.

Simple.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
search for a 'bid sniper.' These are sites that will put your maximum bid in seconds before the end of the sale. You can really sneak out some great deals when people think they are the only ones interested. Why get into a bidding war and raise the price when you can just bid once and be done.

I think I used 'ezsnipe.com' or something like that last time I did it. Most have 5 free trials or some kind of deal like that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
search for a 'bid sniper.' These are sites that will put your maximum bid in seconds before the end of the sale. You can really sneak out some great deals when people think they are the only ones interested. Why get into a bidding war and raise the price when you can just bid once and be done.

I think I used 'ezsnipe.com' or something like that last time I did it. Most have 5 free trials or some kind of deal like that.

I just set an alarm clock and do it myself.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Haha well if you want i'd be willing to sell you my B-52! Its the head not a combo, but it does more than the 112.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I just set an alarm clock and do it myself.

Ya, but you may bid 30 seconds before, the sniper lets you pick 10, 5, or even 1. The only thing, though is in the end the high bid wins. It doesn't matter when they are put in when they are proxied. So the only real advantage is if someone is dumb enough to put in only enough to outbid the last bidder, then waits.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Haha well if you want i'd be willing to sell you my B-52! Its the head not a combo, but it does more than the 112.

He is very succinct in his post about what he wants. He does not want a stack, and makes no mention of a Bugera. Post it in the classified section, and stop trying to hock your amp in GG&A.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
man i would bye it if i could ship it, but id have to pay a crapload
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by tubetime86
Ya, but you may bid 30 seconds before, the sniper lets you pick 10, 5, or even 1. The only thing, though is in the end the high bid wins. It doesn't matter when they are put in when they are proxied. So the only real advantage is if someone is dumb enough to put in only enough to outbid the last bidder, then waits.

Yeah, I just refuse to bid until the end to try and keep out of a bidding war in an attempt to keep the price down. I still toss out the largest amount I'd pay for it when I do bid.

wont it be just easier to use a sniping website?? instead of waiting for the last 1 min for an hour
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
A sniping web site might be a good idea, but you can do it manually. I manually wait to bid on stuff at about the 5 to 10 sec mark whenever I'm looking to buy something.
Quote by soloXshredder
wont it be just easier to use a sniping website?? instead of waiting for the last 1 min for an hour

Except you have to waste time searching for one you haven't already burned the free trial on.

I'd rather just set an alarm, get up 2 minutes before it ends, refresh, bid, go back to sleep.