about a year after i started playing guitar, my very generous father offered to buy me a guitar for christmas, so i went to a local shop (knowing little to nothing about guitars) and picked out a 60th anniversary american strat. i got the guitar with the really cool looking red 60th anniversary case for a little over $1000. im going to be honest, i love the guitar but i dont know enough about guitars to really appreciate it for what it is. i know that $1000 is really cheap for this guitar and i'm wondering how i can find out more about it. i know i sound like a total noob, its probably cuz i am one...
$1000 is cheap?!?!? I'd kill for a guitar that expensive!
Quote by fearofthemark
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

We are the dynamite!!

My Gear:

Hamer XT Series (SATF)
Jackson JS30 Dinky
Vintage V100 Les Paul (w/ Seymour Dunc JB in Bridge pos.)

Korg ToneWorks AX1500G
Marshall MG100HDFX
Quote by pepsi1187
you could have gotten a strat for alot cheaper.

That might be true if you're talking about mexican, but he got an American strat. When you find a guitar you love, if you can afford it, the price doesn't really matter that much. I have an Eric Johnson strat. I could have bought a much, much cheaper strat, but I would not have liked it nearly as much.
EDIT:
Also Pictures of the strat would be nice
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
Last edited by saito816 at Sep 11, 2009,
Most of the 60th Anniversary stuff was just regular Fender stuff with a 60th anniversary logo on it. Nothing all that special really (as far as I know)
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Most of the 60th Anniversary stuff was just regular Fender stuff with a 60th anniversary logo on it. Nothing all that special really (as far as I know)

I bought the 60th anniversary Mexican strat like a year or two ago. I played all the standard strats in the store and it was definitely better. The neck on them is different and I think it may have different stock pickups, not sure. Only costed me $50 extra too.
This was when strats were still $400.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Last edited by GuitarNinja12 at Sep 11, 2009,
Yeah I got the Mexican 60th Anniversary, and it played much better in my opinion, and wasn't much more.

I think I'm right in saying the anniversary Mexican Strats have Tex-Mex pickups, so maybe the Americans have different pickups?
damn, thats pretty cool for only playing a year. after playing for a year i got an epi les paul. which is pretty cool for 1 yr of playing.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
damn, thats pretty cool for only playing a year. after playing for a year i got an epi les paul. which is pretty cool for 1 yr of playing.

haha yea i was really excited about it, although i had no idea what i had. i didnt even play it that much because i was always playing my acoustic. and to be honest i really didnt deserve to have such a nice instrument. but ive taken good care of it and now almost 2 years later i love it so much more! i just want to learn more about it so i can get the most out of it.
I have a lonestar which was made in 1995 and has an annervisary sticker on it too.

From all of the other guitars i've played (this ranges from ibanez, les pauls, sgs, mexican strats, telecasters, etc,etc) this guitar is definately my favourite.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I believe the American 60th Anniversary strat is the metallix silver one, in which case I think the finish and emblem are the only special things about it. The Mexican 60th anniversary are much better than the regular Mexican standard strats, better necks and bridge blocks. I have a 60th anniversary mexican strat and it rocks, especially with CS69 pickups, upgraded electronics and Ferraglide saddles. I definitely wouldn't trade it for an American Standard.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
I believe the American 60th Anniversary strat is the metallix silver one, in which case I think the finish and emblem are the only special things about it. The Mexican 60th anniversary are much better than the regular Mexican standard strats, better necks and bridge blocks. I have a 60th anniversary mexican strat and it rocks, especially with CS69 pickups, upgraded electronics and Ferraglide saddles. I definitely wouldn't trade it for an American Standard.

no, check the link i posted, its that same guitar. anyone have any useful info on this model?