Page 1 of 2
Has a teacher never shown up for class?

Today in 1st period the teacher just never even showed up. So we just sat around and talked the whole time. We eventually got bored and started yelling penis as loud as we could. Then the teachers in the next room complained to the office, and someone was sent to find out what was going on.

Anyways, has a teacher never shown up for class, and what are you supposed to do?

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
There's a rule at our school that if the teacher doesn't show up 15 minutes (or 10, can't remember) after class the students can leave. It's only happened to me once.
Quote by Erik_Aero
There's a rule at our school that if the teacher doesn't show up 15 minutes (or 10, can't remember) after class the students can leave. It's only happened to me once.

Some people don't go to college
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
at uni, if a lecturer is 15 mins late, the lecture is officially cancelled,

but yeah, even in school, we had teachers just not show up.
yeah thats what people were saying, that we could just leave after 15 min.
a couple kids did, but most of us didn't want to get in trouble so we stayed

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers

Today in 1st period the teacher just never even showed up. So we just sat around and talked the whole time. We eventually got bored and started yelling penis as loud as we could. Then the teachers in the next room complained to the office, and someone was sent to find out what was going on.

Anyways, has a teacher never shown up for class, and what are you supposed to do?

7th grade is the shizzle isn't it?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by GODhimself37
Some people don't go to college

I'm only 16 friend
Quote by Erik_Aero

We had that at sixth form. Happened all the time.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Erik_Aero

Same rule here, but it's happened several times.
Quote by Jackal58

ok youre not going to believe me
but i didn't yell it, it was other people

and im a junior...a mature junior...i like to think

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

I've gotten to leave a couple times, but I've had teachers show up about 13 minutes late several times. Rage ensues.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Jackal58
so kewl,dawg!
pizzlez in teh hizzle.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
yeah it happens all the time at schools everywhere. its happened to me a few times. as long as your not dumb enough to start shouting penis as loud as you can, you and your classmates can do whatever they wish and have a nice free period.
yeah, it happens fairly often. a lot of people watch the clock and the second it ticks over to the 15 minute mark, they are gone.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
It happened all the time back in the day. In school they usually knew about it and gave us a cover teacher but we had the lesson off. In 6th form we just buggered off to the 6th form hall if the teacher was anywhere near 5 minutes late. In uni, well, if they aren't there it just doesn't really seem to matter.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

they didn't yell till about 5 min to the end of class
then the office called on the intercom and asked what was going on

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

My friend had that happen in his guitar class. The substitute didn't show up so he stole a whole bunch of guitar stands, strings, and other guitar related apparel. He's an ass sometimes
He's no good to me dead-Boba Fett
Our form teacher never showed up today, she had written on the board "fill out the paper register" which wasn't anywhere to be found T_T So some other teacher had to give us it. And we found a bag full of CDs, and i'm glad the kinda half-neddy/sporty people (who are more dominant) put on the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so that was kinda good
Quote by Bluesrocker5150
as long as your not dumb enough to start shouting penis as loud as you can, you and your classmates can do whatever they wish and have a nice free period.

This.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

like i said, they didn't yell til 5 min to the end of the period so we had 45 min to fool around

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by GooGooFluffers
We eventually got bored and started yelling penis as loud as we could.

Quote by GooGooFluffers
they didn't yell till about 5 min to the end of class
then the office called on the intercom and asked what was going on

I love evolution.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by GooGooFluffers
like i said, they didn't yell til 5 min to the end of the period so we had 45 min to fool around
Quote by GooGooFluffers
We eventually got bored and started yelling penis as loud as we could.
lol busted.

EDIT:
dammit, Don...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Sep 11, 2009,
This one time my teacher said she was going to use the bathroom...

She didn't come back until 2 days later...

But yeah, we can leave if the teacher doesn't show up after 20 minutes.
one of my teachers died
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
that happened to me in high school it was awesome because we had a huge unit test that day
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
lol busted.

Yer a little slow today man.

PENIS

Awaits mods.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Yer a little slow today man.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
It happened all the time when i was at tech

Dragging my hungover ass to class only to find out i could have lay in bed for at least another hour ....

Quote by frikko666
This one time my teacher said she was going to use the bathroom...

She didn't come back until 2 days later...

But yeah, we can leave if the teacher doesn't show up after 20 minutes.

"You guys be quiet, I'm gonna go to the.... bathroom......"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

that happened in one of my classes once, we just messed around until like 20 mins. before the end of class the principal came in and we were ****ed.

and once our buss was really late so everyone on my bus didnt have to go to school. the rule for the bus around here is a half hour late and we can skip school, or in the rain its shortened to 15 mins
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
When I was in school, if a teacher didn't show up, instead of keeping quiet so that we could doss for longer, they would start making noise. Which defeated me. But then again, they were all likely to grow to be sheep herders and cow watchers...so...it's to be expected.
Yeah that's happened to us before. Well done on wasting it though by drawing attention to yourselves, you must cherish the free time.
In school this happened a handful of times, but in college it happened quite a few times..

Rule was that if the teacher wasn't at the lesson within 10 minutes, even if they did eventually turn up, the class officially was a free period.
Quote by GooGooFluffers

It's happened to me before.
We kinda just..sat there.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Erik_Aero

That's at pretty much all colleges.

10 if they have a bachelor's.
15 for a master's.
Happened all the time, we would either just go to the cafe or go home, i got pissed off when we had to go home as it used to take me an hour to get to college.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
GOLDEN RULE: if the teacher doesnt show up for 10 mins you walk out, i'm being completely honest with you, thats the way it works
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Not really, no. We always get substitutes if our teachers can't make it. It never was an issue in elementary school, either way. In Junior High, the class representative was supposed to go to the school office if no one showed up in 10 minutes. In High School, where I am now, it's not been an issue either.

So... no idea, really.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Page 1 of 2