So I was walking around my local music store, as you do. Or at least as I do, and I thus spotted yonder a beastly machine. I fell in love instantly, examined every single part of this wonderful stringed piece of wood and managed to deduce that it's called a Schecter Demon and it has active Duncan Designed pickups. I went back to school thinking "OMGOMGOMGHOLYCRAPAWESOMEGUITARLOL" and then went back the next day. Me and my bassist friend deduced it was gonna cost around 600 euros. I deduced that if I asked for a price and it was 600 euros I would has a sad. I went back to school, thinking I could never afford this object of beauty. I came back the next day, as we do every day in fact and looked again at this marvellous piece of stringed sex when I figured "screw it, it can't hurt". So I asked the price. No one knew it. The rather aged owner of the shop wandered off to check. He came back a good three minutes later and said "330 euros" and I jizzed in my pants. I told him I can't test it that day but I would be back the next day. He said OK. Naturellement, I went back the next day and tested that little mother thoroughly. I proceeded to eargasm. Anywho, I'm going to have to sell my BC Shit Warlock and my Stagg S200 and probably my little Atrics 10W amp, However the Duncans should sound amazing with my vox AD15. Essentially what I'm asking is:

1) is 330 a good price?
2) How often does one have to change batteries for active picjups? I so far have no experience with them.
3) Well it was just kind of because I'm happy I actually found a guitar I like for a price I can only just not afford.
Im pretty sure the active pickups would sound "fizzy" with your SS amp, but its personal preference. Your best bet is playing the guitar through a SS amp in the store. If you like the sound, feel, ect, then get it. Its about what YOU like and what YOU want.

EDIT: It would be an upgrade from your BC Rich anyways, I personally like the QC in Schecter guitars, even they're lower priced ones.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Last edited by ~Shred Hero~ at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by JDbbx
Don't worry, it's not SS, it's Tube/valve amp.

Im pretty sure its a SS amp that has components to emulate a "tube sound".
Quote by JDbbx

Im 80% sure its a SS amp with some kind of tube pre-amp or something. Kind of like the Vypyr amps by Peavey which have a "Transtube", but its still a SS.

EDIT: I think its called a Hybrid amp, where it has a tube preamp so it acts louder than a regular SS amp, similar to the Vypyrs.

As for the guitar, it seems like a good choice, but like I said try it out with your amp if you can before you buy to make sure you like the sound.
Quote by JDbbx
No srsly, it's a Tube amp.

Its a combination of both, its not an authentic tube amp. A tube pre-amp doesnt make the amp an all-tube amp.

EDIT: Your sig totally threw me off , I thought you edited like every post but I was like 12:00am whaaatt?