I put some thicker strings on my Jackson WRMG. I adjusted the floyd rose bridge so it would resist more and not come up right out of the guitar. I didn't take any notes but it seems that the action is higher now than it was before I changed the strings. This makes sense to me due to thicker strings and more tension. Would tightening the truss rod be a good idea? Also an allen key will not work on my truss rod adjustment. It looks like just a regular nut on a bolt. Is there a tool for this because a wrench can't fit into a small area like that (top of the neck adjustment). thanks
Quote by DerAj2
just adjust the 2 allen thingys on the sides of the fr.

Bad idea if the truss rod is now bowed, at which point, he should oo i dna. Adjust the truss rod?

What gauge did you go to and from?

Did you stay in the same tuning?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Same tuning. Don't know exactly from what gauge to what gauge as I've had replacement strings sitting around for a while. After I changed the strings there was a lot of buzz everywhere which I fixed by increasing the resistance on the floyd rose bridge, which confirms that the strings were indeed thicker.
Hold the guitar away from you, and look at it side on. See if the neck is curling one way or another at all
Yes, I've looked at it and I can see a bow. I'm going to attempt an adjustment now using a needle nose. I'll post how it goes.
Glad to hear it!!