As a lot of UGers know, I suffer from wrist issues.

It's flared up again, only this time it's worse than ever. I've been strapped up in a wrist splint for 2 days, and the pain level is reaching a stupid level.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of- including different strength painkillers, anti-inflammatories and different splints and wrist supports.

I can't go the doctors for at least a week (I'm 40 miles from my doctor) and if I were to see someone where I am currently, I'd still have to wait three days over the weekend until Monday to see a doctor anywhere.

Ideas?
pain before or after playing? maybe ice it, or even better/cooler/ icy hot pads.

but maybe do a few wrist exercises before playing, like with a wrist weight. idk much about YOUR specific kind of pain, but thats what i do before playing, i broke my wrist when i was younger, and it crackles and pops whenever i twist in a circular motion.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I have no medical experience, but try soaking your arm [up til wherever it doesn't hurt] in very warm water with a little bit of salt [If you don't have cuts around your wrist/hand, nothing should hurt] and this should relax it.
A bit later, strap a damp, cool towel around your wrist to absorb the extra heat.

Obviously, move your wrist as little as possible.
Note: I haven't said: "hot" or "cold."
Edit: I don't recommend icy hot. The above method is longer, but has a better overall effect.
That should, at least, cause relaxation, which helps. Best of luck.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Last edited by Andragon at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by westdyolf
pain before or after playing? maybe ice it, or even better/cooler/ icy hot pads.

but maybe do a few wrist exercises before playing, like with a wrist weight. idk much about YOUR specific kind of pain, but thats what i do before playing, i broke my wrist when i was younger, and it crackles and pops whenever i twist in a circular motion.

It really depends on the time. Sometimes it can appear out of the blue, othertimes a small pain turns into a big one.
You need to stop playing bass altoghether for the moment. And seek medical treatment of any sort, As far as i know there are no Certified Doctors or physicians on UG. This is not the place to go. Take to the Hospital local Gp,s, sports and general physicians.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
You need to stop playing bass altoghether for the moment. And seek medical treatment of any sort, As far as i know there are no Certified Doctors or physicians on UG. This is not the place to go. Take to the Hospital local Gp,s, sports and general physicians.

I've already seen three doctors....they keep giving me different answers....

I haven't played any serious bass for close to 3 months either...
What the guy in your sig said. Also, typing may cause my wrist problems. And masturbation. And moving. Go to bed.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Yeah, the first thing is stop doing anything that could further injure your wrist, which it sounds like you have. After that, get in to see a doctor and hopefully he'll recommend you something to do, perhaps see a physical therapist. Have you tried what the other doctors have told you to do? In the mean time, ice is usually the best thing for anything swollen, coupled with anti-inflammatory/painkillers (Ibuprofen is the most common).
make sure there is no tension in your arm as you play. let your fingers do the work and make adjustments with your grip/position to allow the most movement.
This happened to me before. I tried to slig my bass low like you'll see a lot today, and it put a lot of strain in my freting hand's wrist. If your doing this try to focus on technique before you try to look cool. And try playing it higher up.
Does it happen during anything else involving hand movement? (Say playing baseball, typing, riding a bike with ram-handles, doing push ups, etc.)

If so, then it sounds like a major circulation problem.

If not, then I think you are holding the instrument wrong or something.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
is it your left, right or both hands?

does it only flare up with bass playing?

if not, what else causes it?

Without any real knowledge of your situation I'd have to second this

Quote by Andragon
I have no medical experience, but try soaking your arm [up til wherever it doesn't hurt] in very warm water with a little bit of salt [If you don't have cuts around your wrist/hand, nothing should hurt] and this should relax it.
A bit later, strap a damp, cool towel around your wrist to absorb the extra heat.

Obviously, move your wrist as little as possible.
Note: I haven't said: "hot" or "cold."
Edit: I don't recommend icy hot. The above method is longer, but has a better overall effect.
That should, at least, cause relaxation, which helps. Best of luck.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
It just flares up randomly, and it doesn't seem to be a 'bass only' problem. It's all in my left wrist (my writing hand!).