Hey guys, I have an LTD EC-1000 in vintage black.

Now, it had EMG pickups in it, but I was not the biggest fan, so I changed them to a Gibson 57' Classic in the neck and a Joe Barden in the bridge. I had to change the pots and wiring as expected, however I have no idea where the ground wire is.

Since the EMGs are an active system I am assuming (i.e., there were no obvious ground wires) that they do not need a ground. How would I go about adding a spot to ground the circuit? I would like to do so without drilling a hole in the guitar.

Edit: Also, if anyone could recommend a capacitor for me to use on the tone pot, that would be swell.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Sep 11, 2009,
EMG's need no grounds...
There may or may not be a hole to the bridge post as a ground. If there isn't, get an aircraft bit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Usually they will install the wire and just not connect it, tuck it back in the hole. If not then your gonna have to add the wire. You wouldnt be able to see the hole as it would be drilled from the existing hole where your stopbar or bridge sleeve is installed in the guitar.
But does the ground need to be attached to the bridge in order to ground? Can I hook it up to something else?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Every electrical thing that has a current, so a guitar or a battery for example, has a ground wire. Including EMGs. They definitely have a ground wire. And you definitely have to ground to the bridge. Now that I think about it, I'm going to make a thread explaining what grounding is and why. So thanks for the motivation (not sarcastically). I'll post it in a minute.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
When it comes to grounding the strings the only thing you can really ground is the bridge. Only other metal part touching the strings is gonna be the tuners.
Quote by Tackleberry
When it comes to grounding the strings the only thing you can really ground is the bridge. Only other metal part touching the strings is gonna be the tuners.
... or the tailstop.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.