Hey guys. I was just dropping in to ask a simple question.

Now I'm a pretty small guy and I was looking at a new acoustic guitar. I'm pretty advanced in my playing, and with my current acoustic guitar I feel uncomfortable playing because my arm doesn't reach around the full guitar, the action is too high, and the neck is too thick. I've been playing it for around 4 years, and I need something thin but full scale, with a thin neck and low action. Any suggestions?
Fender has a Dick Dale signature, and since he plays upside down, it's a righty. It's thin, but it's a tad short scale.

You should check that out.
Well, going by your age, in a few years time you'll probably of had a growth spurt and the guitar will be perfect But if you really want a guitar to suit you now, you could maybe check out some 3/4 size acoustics.
Quote by Rokeman
Well, going by your age, in a few years time you'll probably of had a growth spurt and the guitar will be perfect But if you really want a guitar to suit you now, you could maybe check out some 3/4 size acoustics.

Haha no growth spurt for me I haven't grown three years, so I think I'm probably fully grown now. Amazing XD Slight chance of a growth spurt but not likely.
Taylor T-5
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Crashton
Screw the T5... seriously what a waste of money.

Why...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Why...?

Its to much of a cross between acoustic and electric. Im not a fan of the tones it generates so its just an overpriced partial acoustic. Granted it plays like an electric and is "easier to play" I just don't like it. Iv seen several people trying to get rid of em too. There are better guitars for the money.
Quote by Ryan Rage
Haha no growth spurt for me I haven't grown three years, so I think I'm probably fully grown now. Amazing XD Slight chance of a growth spurt but not likely.

Typical for a 13 year old. You will grow.

Until then, just get a small, inexpensive guitar. Seagull has a parlor-size guitar. Check it out.
Quote by Ryan Rage
Hey guys. I was just dropping in to ask a simple question.

Now I'm a pretty small guy and I was looking at a new acoustic guitar. I'm pretty advanced in my playing, and with my current acoustic guitar I feel uncomfortable playing because my arm doesn't reach around the full guitar, the action is too high, and the neck is too thick. I've been playing it for around 4 years, and I need something thin but full scale, with a thin neck and low action. Any suggestions?

i'm 5'3" and play a standard guitar. it may not be that you need a narrower guitar or a thinner neck. i don't and i have little girly hands. it may be that you need a smaller guitar. i recommend you try a grand concert or grand auditorium. maybe a taylor gc3, 4 or 8? as far as narrower guitars with thinner necks, they tend not to sound as good, but there are a couple yamahas, an ibanez around. i don't care for the sound myself, but they're all right plugged in. or if you want to go SUPER cheap and thinner, try the rogue concert grand for a whopping $79. it may not sound great, but it is very comfortable. and while it sounds a bit like a cheap guitar, so do the yamahas and the ibanez, but they cost more

btw, you can have any guitar set up by a luthier to have lower easier action - even a cheap crappy guitar can benefit from a setup. also try extra light strings and see if that helps. it helped me a lot.

Quote by Crashton
Screw the T5... seriously what a waste of money.

Get a hollow body Gretsch if your gonna spend that much money.

wow, do i ever disagree with that! the t5 sounds amazing and feels great - one of the best guitars i've ever played. plugged in but with no effects, it has beautiful round tones. not plugged in, it's very quiet but there's some tone there, unlike similar guitars from other makers. it also has the fastest neck for me i've ever played.
Last edited by patticake at Sep 11, 2009,