Could I use 0.013 for my high E and B strings? Since 0.013 is the high E in a super heavy string set and it is also the B string in a light set. This would be on a floyd rose bridge. Has anyone done this? I tried and on the high E (0.013) the note was at around B and it was already very tight. I didn't tune it all the way to E incase it would break.
Last edited by Boxxxed at Sep 11, 2009,
You probably could in theory but why would you want to?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You probably could in theory but why would you want to?

Because I broke my regular high E and I don't have anymore and I NEED to play tonight
Quote by Boxxxed
Because I broke my regular high E and I don't have anymore and I NEED to play tonight

Well by all means go for it but if you have an FR then it'll be a bastard to set up and your intonation will be quite a way out of whack no matter what guitar you have.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well by all means go for it but if you have an FR then it'll be a bastard to set up and your intonation will be quite a way out of whack no matter what guitar you have.

This ^
I've done it.

Snapped it playing Don't Stop Beleivin.

Goddamn bends.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these: