I play left handed, so already, you know my problem. I am looking for a left handed (or one that can be fairly easily flipped to left handed) electric upright bass. No more that $850.

Can anyone help me out?
If it was a double bass, then there would be a problem, I believe. Something to do with the construction of the body being shaped or added wood to aid frequencies. But since you're on about an EUB, there's obviously no such problem. You should be able to flip any EUB. So it's just a case of you finding one you like.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If it was a double bass, then there would be a problem, I believe. Something to do with the construction of the body being shaped or added wood to aid frequencies. But since you're on about an EUB, there's obviously no such problem. You should be able to flip any EUB. So it's just a case of you finding one you like.

Well, I had seen people highly recommend the Stagg, but I don't know that you could flip that due to the attachments.

I had also heard of the Palatino being good. It looks like it would be easier flipped.
Anybody else got any ideas? I'd really like one if there's any way for me to make/acquire one short of custom ordering.
Fairly sure Eminence, NS Design, Ergo, BSX, Azola... make lefties. Can't help on the price tag though.
On the "flip" side; it's not just the attachment that'll be an issue. The nut will need to be flipped as well as the bridge. Your tone controls will more then likely be in an awkward, if not outright useless location. And on top of all that, chances are the fingerboard is asymmetrical, so it's very possible you'd need to have it reshaped with the new setup.
Just so things to think about.
Good luck.