Page 1 of 2
Okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4Hj2_5EeI&feature=related

Read the description.

Like seriously, why the freaking hell do people upload videos of them playing when they've been playing for ONE DAMN WEEK?

I don't understand it.
I can understand recording yourself and watching it back but why would you upload it to youtube when you're so terrible and have such little experience?

love the song choice...

feel free to enjoy this beautiful video
=)

Discuss:
This kid.
Kids who upload terrible covers of themself when they've been playing for like a week or a month or something.

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbH1aolk2g
this one is amazing too
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 11, 2009,
Quote by TechnicolorType

feel free to raid his video and flame him
=)

Warnable.

Besides, why would you do that?

To discourage him from playing at all?

Don't be an asshole.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Sep 11, 2009,
The answer is pretty much simple.

Kids who needs more attention. That's all.
"and also i have two "tone" knobs on my guitar?!
what are they for and what should i set them to?"

I lol'd.

Not because "OMG NUUB", but because he can't seem to figure out that the "tone" nobs are for setting the tone of the guitar by himself.

And that was really the only funny part of the video, and it wasn't even in the video. The video itself was just some guy who was excited because he learned Iron Man.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 11, 2009,
if you dont like it dont watch it stupid, also everyone gets exited after they can first play that riff (admit it TS)
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Gargantuan
isn't there a thread for this?

It's not so much on the actual video but the point that people upload stuff this bad.. and wondering why.

So no =)
He doesn't know. So?

Did you dumbasses know what to do the moment you stepped in a car? Probably not, and based off the average user, some of you probably STILL can't drive. How would you feel if your parents just made fun of you for not knowing what to do?

He's a newbie and doesn't know. Lay off, idiots.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
They upload them for the same reason everybody else uploads videos.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
He doesn't know. So?

Did you dumbasses know what to do the moment you stepped in a car? Probably not, and based off the average user, some of you probably STILL can't drive. How would you feel if your parents just made fun of you for not knowing what to do?

well said.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Good for him.
He's been playing a week and is confident enough to demonstrate his ability thusfar and ask other people for help.

Don't be nasty. Everyone was a beginner once.
Quote by toby3p0
love the whammy bar

I love the tiny string slide (can't remember the term) he does right at the end. I bet he feels UBAR-MEHTULZ!!!
Let's pump ourselves full of Magic Monkey Juice and take a trip to Spaceland.

Cosmic Cloud
Quote by Kevy Absolution
He doesn't know. So?

You're missing the point entirely. The point is I wouldn't RECORD myself driving for the first time and then upload it for the world to see.
Where do I start?
The playing itself marvels that of such virtuosos as Steve Vai and John Petrucci. The tone is somewhere between the perfection of David Gilmour and Brian May with a touch of Jesus thrown in, and your stage presence is like Nickelback and Greenday combined. Nice job dude, +subscribed

Maybe he felt proud? Is that so wrong?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Oh, TS, why aren't there more people like you?

People like you are fun to punch.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by genghisgandhi
he hasnt signed in for 6 months

what have we done

Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
I lol'd. Gotta love his lil' wanna-be rockstar move at the end. But seriously guys, he's just some kid who's excited about learning stuff on his guitar. The fact that'd he's learning to play guitar is already a 1up on all the other kids of the world... like... the skaters... and... WoW nerds... *shudder*
Quote by Jon777
I lol'd. Gotta love his lil' wanna-be rockstar move at the end. But seriously guys, he's just some kid who's excited about learning stuff on his guitar. The fact that'd he's learning to play guitar is already a 1up on all the other kids of the world... like... the skaters... and... WoW nerds... *shudder*

... What about WoW nerds who skate AND play guitar?
That slide in the second video I think caused me to have an aneurysm.

I
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by Jon777
Is that statement directed toward everyone or just the people being assholes?

The people being assholes. But honestly, a person has just picked up a guitar, wanting to try something new. He must have practice his ass off to learn what he's playing, and having finally learnt that first riff, it must feel fantastic. He wants to share it with his friends. What the **** is wrong with that?
why does anybody do anything? you know what, **** guitar playing. guitar players are so useless, wasting all this time uploading stuff on youtube and trying to learn. people should be INSTANTLY good right away, and if they're not they should give up, amirite?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Eddie4President
To be fair, the kid is probably just psyched that he's learning guitar.

And that's a great thing.

The reason a lot of you had't posted videos of yourself after a week of playing was most likely because youtube was either non-existant, or still rather new at that time. And as "fellow" guitarists, you should be encouraging him to continue, and teach him, instead of being dicks. It really says a lot about you if you knock a kid, or anyone, who's just learning. As far as I'm concerned, that makes you the idiot. All he did was put a video on youtube. Crime? Not really.
Quote by michal23
The people being assholes. But honestly, a person has just picked up a guitar, wanting to try something new. He must have practice his ass off to learn what he's playing, and having finally learnt that first riff, it must feel fantastic. He wants to share it with his friends. What the **** is wrong with that?

Too true. But you see, there are people who have nothing better to do than troll new guitar players.

Eh, whatever. The video was amusing, I must admit.
What always amazes me is that people who upload those vids don't understand the concept of editing. I don't want to sit through someone fiddling around with the camera for ages. It's not that bad of a problem, just something I find annoying.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 2