i am an experienced metal guitar player looking for something reliable and cheap as i am on a budget..
anyone have any thoughts on the jackson js1 dinky?
reccomendations?
Terrible.
Jackson isn't good until the X series; even then, they're much better in the Pro/MG range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Terrible.
Jackson isn't good until the X series; even then, they're much better in the Pro/MG range.

I beg to differ. Mine (granted its an older one made of alder) is a really good guitar considering its miniscule cost. There's a few things I would like to fix about it, but if you arent expecting much, which you shouldn't, you'll be surprised
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
I beg to differ. Mine (granted its an older one made of alder) is a really good guitar considering its miniscule cost. There's a few things I would like to fix about it, but if you arent expecting much, which you shouldn't, you'll be surprised

Yeah, but for the price (correct me if I'm wrong) of about $300, they're really not a very good deal considering a used Pro series isn't all that much more.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Yeah, but for the price (correct me if I'm wrong) of about $300, they're really not a very good deal considering a used Pro series isn't all that much more.

Mine was 150 brand new with a store warranty for 3 years...where did you see one for 300?
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
um, online?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Oh. Crap. I just realized I was looking at the JS30.
Oops.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I've tried the JS1 before it's reliable, but all that great in terms of tone and versatility, it's a bit overpriced too. The only great thing about it in my opinion is the neck.
I love My JS30Ke kelly, its just a JS, but i would gladly take it over plenty of other guitars.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
Have you played any jackson?

Honestly not sure, so the X series are better then the MG and Pro series?.....no....just....no....
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Honestly not sure, so the X series are better then the MG and Pro series?.....no....just....no....

Read a bit more carefully please...
I said that even then, the Pro/MG series are BETTER than the X series, and are hence a better value.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I have a Jackson JS Kelly, a DK2, and a KVX10 with a Seymour Duncan JB' in the bridge.

I love the JS Kelly with a SD JB' in the bridge and It's great, besides the pickups. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the guitar except for the pickups IMO.

Change out the pickups, and you got a pretty good guitar.

Mine's also an older model, so it's made out of alder as well. (at least according to musiciansfriend.com)
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 13, 2009,