I've been trying to learn the song "Cycle Down" by Skillet off their Collide album. The tabs for these are scarce and often sketchy. I've managed to put together most of the song from the correct parts of tabs I've found, and by my own ear. However, the solo part that goes from 2:26 to 2:45, and the similar sounding solo part over the last chorus, I can't figure out. I'm a bassist primarily, and a novice as far as soloing on a guitar goes....it took me long enough just to figure out the rest of the song.

Could one of you do me a HUGE favor and try and figure it out for me?
I've never heard that song before. Pretty good tune though.

This is the gist of it. It's not *note for note* exactly what he's playing, but you can probably figure out what to throw in and where. He's also using a Whammy pedal for the solo and throwing in some random slides and such. Obviously it's in dropped D.

--20b---20b--20b--(20)---17--20p17---------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------20b--20b------20b----20rb---20rb-------------
-------------------------------------------------------------19b------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------17----------------------------------------------17--17-17-17-17-17-----20b--20b--
--------------20----18---17h18---17--------15------------------------------------------------
-19----14----------------------------------------------14--14-14-14-14-14------------------
--------------17----15---14h15---14--------12------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the end part, just keep doing the bend on the high E 20th fret.