I am going to sell my Epiphone Les Paul Standard guitar neck, without tuners, on ebay.

How much can I expect to fetch for this?

I am replacing it with a neck from Warmouth, something much thicker.
"teh most gains"
....um considering epi standard is a set net...i dont think you would get much for it ....but who knows...
Cant be a standard model if you plan to use a warmoth bolt on neck. Not that the fender spec neck heel used by warmoth would fit in a special or LP100 body either.
Quote by Tackleberry
Cant be a standard model if you plan to use a warmoth bolt on neck. Not that the fender spec neck heel used by warmoth would fit in a special or LP100 body either.

Agreed. Seems kind of stupid that he's spending more money on a neck than what the whole guitars worth.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by Tackleberry

I plan to purchase a set neck.

Agreed. Seems kind of stupid that he's spending more money on a neck than what the whole guitars worth.

I would buy a real Gibson, but most of them have chambered bodies. The one that doesn't is around $2500
"teh most gains"
Quote by mountain2012
I plan to purchase a set neck.

do you realize how difficult it is to remove a set neck? even is you do this successfully, there is no guarantee your new neck will fit. you might as well get a new guitar or build one from scratch with your specifications.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by mountain2012
I would buy a real Gibson, but most of them have chambered bodies. The one that doesn't is around $2500

The chambered ones have virtually no tonal difference with the solid bodies, but they're lighter and resonate fuller.

I actually may even prefer them over the solid bodies. If I could get my hands on a good chambered one, my '93 would become a backup.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Problem 1: TS says hes getting a warmoth neck, but I wasnt aware they now sell set necks. Quick check of their site didnt show any. So everything they have is still fender spec bolt on.

Problem 2: is gonna be removing an epi set neck without destroying something. Many set necks use glue at the joint inject some stem they will come apart, eventually. Epi uses epoxy which usually requires explosives to separate. And the epi neck sock isnt the same spec as a gibson is my understanding, so another neck may not just fit.

Sounds like a really good way to tear up a perfectly usable guitar. TS best bet is to sell the guitar if he doesnt like it and find a set neck with the neck he likes. Epi still sells standard models with the fatter 50s neck or the slimmer 60s neck, Im pretty sure.
Isn't epoxy stronger than the natural process which actually binds the cells of a piece of wood? If so, then TS will f*ck his sh*t up.