I'd like to know the difference between the Faded Special, the Special, the Standard, and even though it's out of my price range, the '61 Re-Issue.

If I am to be corrected...

The Special is the same as the Standard but lacks binding around the fretboard, the pickup covers, the stamp on the headstock, and has dot inlays instead of trapezoidal ones.

The Special Faded is the Same as the Special but the wood doesn't get the same kind of treatment (I heard it fades away over time, is this true? What would it look like after a few years?).

The Re-Issue has a thinner neck, vintage pickups, and the smaller pickguard.
Special Faded doesn't have a laquer finish, just a silk screen.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Special Faded doesn't have a laquer finish, just a silk screen.

Does that make it any less durable?
Quote by Xeros606
Does that make it any less durable?

Its supposed to be a vintage look. I love the feel of them and as long as you dont throw your guitars around you should be fine.

The special faded is the cheapest because of quality of wood, the aesthetics and lack of a normal finish.

The Special are same but with finish.

The Standard gets great wood choice, and normally have few problems with quality, something gibson has been getting noticed for lately. and not in a good way.

The 61 re issue, Best woods, and its basically just a way to get people to spend more money IMO. I dont know to much on it though.