Would it be a good trade for my Xiphos + HSC for a mint Desert Yellow 1987 RG550 + HSC? I'm figuring not really..
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I would have to say no...
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

If the RG is mint you would be a fool not to. A mint (which is very rare now) 87 550 is going for more than a new Xiphos at this time. Even beat ones go for around $500 now. Not to mention they are some of the best guitars ever made. Definately put a Xiphos to shame.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
"a mint Desert Yellow 1987 RG550" - such things exist these days? I'd check just how mint it is, but if true, then it costs twice the xiphos and is worth five times that.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
"a mint Desert Yellow 1987 RG550" - such things exist these days? I'd check just how mint it is, but if true, then it costs twice the xiphos and is worth five times that.

+1 somehow I'd highly doubt the RG550 from 1987 would still be in the same condition as the day it left the factory but hey who knows it could be.
I can't speak too much for value, but if it were me I would've already made the deal, the RG550, especially in that desert yellow is one of the best guitars to ever hit production, much better than the Xiphos. Also, the value of that RG will continue to increase, so whatever it's value is now, in a decade it'll probably be worth twice as much, as they become more and more exclusive.
Jeez, I just found out it's the Xiphos + $350...

But the guitar looks to be in AMAZING condition

I'd kinda rather the reissue though, just for the sake of the extra neck strength...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Judging by the grain of the fretboard, it could be one of those closet classic case guitars. Did you get a chance to see it in person?

87 550DY is the quintessential Ibanez collection piece, and I'll say it's easily worth the asking price if we are to assume mint condition and considering what you'll be able to get for a used XPT700. On the other hand, if you're not into collection pieces, any 90-00 550 would be just as good a player, usually at a lower premium, not to mention the 570s.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Judging by the grain of the fretboard, it could be one of those closet classic case guitars. Did you get a chance to see it in person?

87 550DY is the quintessential Ibanez collection piece, and I'll say it's easily worth the asking price if we are to assume mint condition and considering what you'll be able to get for a used XPT700. On the other hand, if you're not into collection pieces, any 90-00 550 would be just as good a player, usually at a lower premium, not to mention the 570s.

Yeah, it would be neat to have for the collector's value, but I'd be so terrified of damaging it at all... I want to find a DY Reissue
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

A dy went on ebay last week for 750. I would love to have that color.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
I wouldn't. The Xiphos is lovely. But at the same time, I would because of the resale value of that thing would be through the roof.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Yeah, there's the trade for the Xiphos or he's offering it for $850 CAN.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?