THIS IS NOT A RELIGION RANT

So yesterday I was in my english class at my high school. We're studying myths, and we were put into small groups to make posters. This kid asks me if I believe in Heaven, and I said yes. He then asked me if I believed in Hell, and I said yes; you can't have one with out the other. He says, "You know that we proved that the only thing in the middle of the earth is a core. Hell doesn't exist." That kid obviously doesn't understand the difference between the literal and the figurative. I didn't come to the Pit for sympathy, since most of you are Atheists anyways.

Anybody got similar stories (not necessarily religion based)?
That kid was retarded

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

im athiest!!!
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
Nah. Other than people who say the Bible is 100% accurate.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Wait...literal vs. figurative? This isn't literal or figurative, but spiritual or physical. You're the idiot.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Blood of Metal
im atheist!!!

Fix'd.

And even though I'm an atheist, I'd agree that people like that are complete retards.
The playground of the world
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Wait...literal vs. figurative? This isn't literal or figurative, but spiritual or physical. You're the idiot.

Ehh, i got the title wrong. I couldn't think of anything else, but it's definitely not spiritual vs physical. Everybody knows Hell isn't in the center of the earth. Maybe metaphorical vs physical? Idk.

EDIT:
Quote by Zaphikh
No versus threads, you know this.

It's not a versus thread like "Fender vs. Gibson". I'm not asking whether people prefer the literal or the figurative.
Last edited by uptheirons95 at Sep 12, 2009,
err please explain to me why you can't have a heaven without a hell (or the other way around)?

I think you're both retarded

And what point could there possibly be in a figurative heaven/hell?
So what about that part that says jesus ascended UP into heaven? Or was hell figurative and heaven is literal? Wait what?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by RockInPeaceDime
err please explain to me why you can't have a heaven without a hell (or the other way around)?

I think you're both retarded

And what point could there possibly be in a figurative heaven/hell?

I meant figurative/literal in location terms, sorry. And if there's a Heaven for the believers, then there must be a place for the non-believers, hence Hell. But I'm going to stop, this isn't the religion thread.
Kill urself nd find out 4 sure ololololol.

Don't let it bother you.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.