I know this is my third thread here in three days, but as I've said in the other two I'm a beginner with recording moving from a cheap USB mic with Audacity to actual decent indie/demo recording gear, I need plenty of help.

Basically, I've been thinking a lot about my recording setup, and recently read that Weezer began using PODs onstage in 2001 and still do on-occasion instead of a regular amp. I realize this'll do nothing for the vocal parts so it's probably not a good idea compared to getting a condenser mic since I already have an XLR-USB interface, but I figured I'd ask; mic or POD?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
mic.

(sorry, i keep posting in all your threads saying the same thing... i'll leave you alone after this one)

with all your guitar gear, you might as well get a mic and just mic it up. then you can mic up any other instrument you can lay your hands on too. or your voice... in this case, a mic will leave you a lot more options of what to record and ad to your tunes. plus, it'll give you all that lovely mic experience that anyone half interested in recording should have.
i agree with sandyman use a mic. I started with digital usb recording gear like the digitech rp250 and line 6 pod and they both are weak sounding and very boring IMO. I use my guitar hero world tour mic and it sounds better then my digital crap(sad yes and my amp is a digital one but sounds good on mic). Plus most proffesionals do mic.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by sandyman323
mic.

(sorry, i keep posting in all your threads saying the same thing... i'll leave you alone after this one)

Oh, no, believe me, I greatly appreciate it, having someone willing to give advice time-after-time with all my newbish questions is great.

with all your guitar gear, you might as well get a mic and just mic it up. then you can mic up any other instrument you can lay your hands on too. or your voice... in this case, a mic will leave you a lot more options of what to record and ad to your tunes. plus, it'll give you all that lovely mic experience that anyone half interested in recording should have.

Touche, suppose I'll be asking about ordering that Nady when I get to work tomorrow then.

Quote by bfredder92
i agree with sandyman use a mic. I started with digital usb recording gear like the digitech rp250 and line 6 pod and they both are weak sounding and very boring IMO. I use my guitar hero world tour mic and it sounds better then my digital crap(sad yes and my amp is a digital one but sounds good on mic). Plus most proffesionals do mic.

Huh....well, I can't really argue with firsthand experience recording with digital gear.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0