Poll: Better LP copies?
Poll Options
View poll results: Better LP copies?
Agiles
28 62%
Epiphones
17 38%
Voters: 45.
This is something my best friend's curious about because he wants to buy a cheap les paul and can't find a place that sells Agile guitars so he can't test them out. So to anyone who knows something about them, which LPs are better?
Last edited by sum_4T1 at Sep 12, 2009,
look into Michael Kelly guitars.

Amazing, and in the same price range. And also a lot nicer looking IMO
Depends heavily on which Agiles and Epi's we're talking about.

Rockingedit: And +1 to Michael Kelly Guitars. Beautiful instruments.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by Rockingbird
Depends heavily on which Agiles and Epi's we're talking about.

Standard plain tops and Agile ALs.
I've never played an Agile so feel free to ignore me. As I understand it they are on par with Epiphones but at a cheaper price. I've had a Standard Epi LP for a year now and I still like it.
Last edited by BlockFour at Sep 12, 2009,
I think you should judge on an individual basis. In other words, try them out.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
I think you should judge on an individual basis. In other words, try them out.

He stated in the OP that his friend can't find an Agile dealer and therefore can't test them.
Quote by kpatterson14206
Would be confusing to beginners as they couldn't really rely on the inlays to tell them where they are on the fretboard.

Or they could look at the dots on the top side (low E side) of the fretboard. That's how I learned the fretboard on my Warbeast that had no inlays.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Michael Kellys are pretty nice. I'd say that I prefer them to epiphone and agile
For the price, Agiles are pretty nice. But if you're willing to dish out a little more, I'd go with Epiphone.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Agile just released newer models with neck-thru les paul shape. Now that's something epi can never compete up to.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by kpatterson14206
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Glory-Electric-Guitar?sku=513848

Looks pretty good to me. Rare to see that sort of inlay on an entry level guitar. Would be confusing to beginners as they couldn't really rely on the inlays to tell them where they are on the fretboard.

I wonder how the pickups are.

+1.

Apparently those are rockfield's answer to overwound A5 humbuckers. Not bad at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm in Europe so we never see Agiles. Based on the Epis I have tried, get the Agile. Over here we get nice Vintage brand and amazing Ellis British built.
If the budget stretched to Burny or Tokai, those probably beat them all in USA.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by hminh87
Agile just released newer models with neck-thru les paul shape. Now that's something epi can never compete up to.

I'd like to see how they did that! Most thru necks don't have a neck tilt angle like the set neck arched top models have. They are more akin to bolt on necks for having a zero angle generally.
Moving on.....
Well, I've played my friends Agile 2000... I know its not the best, but it was actually very good for $200! Played almost as good as my newly set up Dinky, and sounded almost as good too (not as hot though, probably mostly due to the covers). Epiphones are great too, but the Agiles par with them at such a cheaper price... the only problem is, if you happen to get sent a crappy agile, your screwed!

Oh yeah... that MK looked mighty fine, and had a great price, if ya have five hundred bones, maybe you should hit that one up.
I am a Stephenist