I am currently working on a Telecaster build. Right now I have all the parts the body and neck.I'm just working on routing out the body and wiring at the moment. Pics and more details soon.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Cool story, bro
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
You should make a half maple, half rosewood fretboard.

In a checker pattern
Hey, Im thinking of doing something similar, what pickups and wood type are you using? also where did you get the parts from?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

I am using TV Jones pickups. I got most of my parts through him because my dad is friends with him. Pics coming soon.
(\__/)
ok i have finally been able to get some pics of te guitar up so here is what i have.

I have had to stop work on it because Ive ran out of time but plan on finishing near Christmas Break.

O and ya that gold sparkly thing is a custom metal flake strat. In case any one was wondering.
(\__/)
Last edited by spartanhero at Nov 6, 2009,
thanks. I'll take pics of the parts. I'm working on getting a bridge for it. What would you suggest for a B-5 Bigsby?
(\__/)
That looks absolutely amazing. I expected just a checkered paint job, but this is great.

I'm guessing you just cut out a bunch of squares of each and put them on in a checkered pattern?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
This rules!

Might one request some perspective shots showing the thickness of the top vs. the back?
wicked, you can play chess on it =]

blindsagacity: I made a chess board like this, what you do is glue alternating strips of light and dark wood together, cut across them and then reglue them... it's easier if you look at the picture lol =]

Quote by lozlovesstrats
wicked, you can play chess on it =]

blindsagacity: I made a chess board like this, what you do is glue alternating strips of light and dark wood together, cut across them and then reglue them... it's easier if you look at the picture lol =]

You just did that so you could show off the whole "are those lines now wedges?" illusion thing for the pic on the right!

Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I'll be putting up so more picks soon. Ya its just a bunch of squares of wood put into a checkerboard then I shaped it to the guitar.
(\__/)
OK here are some perspective shots and shots of the picups and bigsby im using.

I'll be using two of those pickups when the guitar is done.
(\__/)
cool, this is gonna be one funky guitar!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
That's nice dude - reminds me of the Ibanez jigsaw custom shop guitars - always liked that guitar.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Skeet UK
You just did that so you could show off the whole "are those lines now wedges?" illusion thing for the pic on the right!

surprisingly that completely slipped my mind =]
win for any unintentional mindfack =]

i love the look of the tv jones pups, it's kinda steam punk if you get me
Ya. OK since this is my first build im not sure where i need to route out the spots for the pickups. Any help?
(\__/)
UPDATE Finally near completion everything is installed. here are some pics.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii235/Tikijake10/Telecaster/IMG_2724.jpg

I may have a problem though. The bridge seems to be very high compared to the fretboard. When I put a string across it the action was really high how can I fix this?

heres a pic of what i mean-http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii235/Tikijake10/Telecaster/IMG_2725.jpg
(\__/)
do you have a link to that tele build?
(\__/)
thanks. the only problem im having right now is the bridge height/action and pickup height.
(\__/)
Do this and you'll be fine... Or put shims in the neck pocket... Actually, I think shimming might be your best way if you're still going to be using the Bigsby, otherwise your strings might break over the bridge at an angle that's too shallow.
Stunning looking guitar.

I think you need to shim the neck. From the body of my Strat and my Tele, there is a 5mm gap between the bottom of the dots on the side on the neck, to the top of the body, as it normally sits on top of the pick guard, and there is still a small gap in between. It's hard to just from the picture above due to the angle of the photo, but it doesn't look as though you have any gap at all.
yea i think im just gunna shim it and figure out a way to raise the pickups.
(\__/)