seeing as i have no extracirricular activites and its my senior year of highschool, im gonna try to start guitar club at my school.

i dont know anything about clubs, but i know u have to have a teacher involved. i also noticed there were two types of clubs, chill clubs, and competition clubs. like chess, debate, and such are competitive. and spanish club u kick back and eat salsa and watch Toy Story with spanish subtitles.

SO, are any of u in a guitar club at school? i need some ideas on how to attract good players, not just 50 freshmen with squires they don't know how to tune. i want to have good players to help ones that aren't as skilled.

also, i was thinking out teaching everyone one massive song and performing it like at the talent show or something. like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2KIxMQro-w
Nah, bro.
Our school doesn't have a guitar club either. It's a shame.Make it so they have to be able to play the intro to iron man.
The POWERCHORDS WAY!!! DUNDUNDUN!
Quote by lol2theworld
Nah, bro.
Our school doesn't have a guitar club either. It's a shame.Make it so they have to be able to play the intro to iron man.
The POWERCHORDS WAY!!! DUNDUNDUN!

Is that even possible?
The playground of the world
we have guitar classes at my school lol. and the classical ensemble but no guitar club. i think theres a music club. thats about it
Classical Guitarist
someone is starting a guitar club at my school. the guy just started to play guitar last summer and only did it because of his girlfriend. now they broke up. im not joining that crap.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
someone is starting a guitar club at my school. the guy just started to play guitar last summer and only did it because of his girlfriend. now they broke up. im not joining that crap.

This year at my school, alot of people have been bringing their guitars and playing it at the quad (school's main hangout), and they have no idea what they're doing. I'm in the Jazz band at school so I have a good excuse to have my guitar.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by PinoyxRockar
This year at my school, alot of people have been bringing their guitars and playing it at the quad (school's main hangout), and they have no idea what they're doing. I'm in the Jazz band at school so I have a good excuse to have my guitar.

yea see thats the kind of people i need in my school, someone who actually plays guitar not just for the sake of playing it to look good. it annoys me how guitar is never taken as a serious instrument. its always just chords and stuff...
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
I'm in this sick club called a 'band'.

Being a dick aside, sounds like a good idea. And having crappy guitarists isn't necessarily bad, they'll leave once they realise everyone else is better anyway.
At sskewl I'm in a classical guitar ensamble of sorts, that's kinda like a club I guess
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you