well i have a ibanez rg2550z and i mainly use 10s on it but i do alot of bending in my playing which leads to alot of broken strings. im woundering if 11's would be alright on my guitar with the trem and all?? (if needed id get the guitar set-up aswell for the strings)
FOR SALE: MESA BOOGIE STUDIO PREAMP
Ship Worldwide, Message me for details.
Quote by nathan549
well i have a ibanez rg2550z and i mainly use 10s on it but i do alot of bending in my playing which leads to alot of broken strings. im woundering if 11's would be alright on my guitar with the trem and all?? (if needed id get the guitar set-up aswell for the strings)

Yeah mabn, it'll be fine, but you'll probably have to get it set up. I use 12-56's on my Ibanez, but that's cause its set up in drop A#

If your playing in Standard it'd be better to stay with 10's though
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
im mainly in standard or half step down, think theres to much tension with 11s in these setups?
Last edited by nathan549 at Sep 12, 2009,
u can use 11's but u will have to adjust the bridge to compensate for the extra tension
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
11s in standard should be fine, it'll just make your bends a little harder (not by much, but still a slight difference).

*insert usual story about SRV using 13s in half-step down*

And yea, you might need to get the guitar set up again. The truss rod and tremelo (if you have one) might need a bit of messing with.

But on the plus side the strings'll last longer, sound better, be harder to break, allsorts of awesomeness.
Last edited by pete-c at Sep 12, 2009,
Your strings shouldn't just break when you're bending. I suggest you try a different brand, get some higher quality strings.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
ok sweet, well il be getting 11's thanks guys , oh and would just a general guitar store set up the guitar? or are there special places you have to go with guitar technicians and stuff?
learn to do it yourself.its not hard and it will save you money.it takes practice but f you earn a guitar with a floyd you really should learn how to maintain it
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
the trem im not really worried about setting up its more of the truss rod...
Ease up on your right hand picking and I'll bet you break less strings.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
thats just how i play, id rather change the equipment (meaning stings) then my playing style. and no im not a metal player if anyones woundering haha :P