.. And this has been done ALOT of times, but I didn't find a more suitable way to say this, so here we go.

My birthday isn't close as it is in December, but I was browsing some on the interwebz and thought that "Hey, I'm getting a new guitar, maybe I should get a new amp?" and my face was like and I was trippin balls.

The guitar I'm getting is a Jackson KE-3.

I was thinking of a Peavey Vypyr 100, but I don't know really.. I'm open to suggestions! It has to be in that price range, yeah.

I play a pretty big range of music, so a verstaile AMP would be good, but the main thing is that there will be heavy dist WITHOUT having a pedal, as I hate those things.

I'm pretty tired btw.

Thanks in advance to the one(s) who helps! ^^ Ooh, and also to all who do post at all.

//
R.R.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Don't disregard getting a nice distortion pedal at some point.

Anyway, as far as amps go, for an extra $100 you could get a Peavey 6505 combo, which is much better than the Vypyr. The Vypyr Tube (60w) is cheaper than the solid state 100w Vypyr and is much better, and more than loud enough. For just over $400 you could get a Peavey Valveking which is also a good choice. the Peavey Windsor Studio is also in your price range which is a decent amp.

If you must go solid state, then rather than getting a Vypyr, I would recommend the Tech 21 Trademark 30. It is totally superior.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Price Range?
And even though you may play a big range of music it would be nice if you could be a bit more specific.

Right, sorry. ^^

Well, the maximum price would be €600, and I play heavier stuff like Mastodon, Megadeth and similar music aswell as I play "poppier" stuff like Marty Friedmans solo things nowadays. Don't know how to say it in a better way as I'm bad at explaining stuff, but I hope it was to at least a tiny help. ;p

Quote by greggybhoy
Don't disregard getting a nice distortion pedal at some point.

Anyway, as far as amps go, for an extra $100 you could get a Peavey 6505 combo, which is much better than the Vypyr. The Vypyr Tube (60w) is cheaper than the solid state 100w Vypyr and is much better, and more than loud enough. For just over $400 you could get a Peavey Valveking which is also a good choice. the Peavey Windsor Studio is also in your price range which is a decent amp.

If you must go solid state, then rather than getting a Vypyr, I would recommend the Tech 21 Trademark 30. It is totally superior.

Hmm.. I've heard alot of people talking good about the 6505 combo, maybe I should take a closer look at it.
Last edited by Rukasu Rindu at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
Right, sorry. ^^

Well, the maximum price would be €600, and I play heavier stuff like Mastodon, Megadeth and similar music aswell as I play "poppier" stuff like Marty Friedmans solo things nowadays. Don't know how to say it in a better way as I'm bad at explaining stuff, but I hope it was to at least a tiny help. ;p

Hmm.. I've heard alot of people talking good about the 6505 combo, maybe I should take a closer look at it.

With a 600€ budget you shouldnt be thinking solid state but you can go all tube. If you're just a bedroomplayer, id go with the Blackstar HT5 (combo or ministack you decide) dont let the 5 watt fool you, they get really loud. the 6505 is a great choice aswell, id say a little less versatile and more metal orientated but it seems thats what you're into anyway. If you go used, is check out some of Marshall JCM 800/900 combos. Where im from they go for anywhere between 450 and 650€.
All Hail the Mighty Mastodon

Hail them now, hail them good, hail them just like you should. My neck my back uuuuuuhhhh just like that.. .. .. wat?
So, the Blackstar HT5, eey? It's not possible to gig with that, is it? =/
Quote by ShallowEndings
PA?

Aah, I always forget that.. >.< Bleeh. ;p

Well, I'm off to bed people, thanks ALOT for the help. ^^
HT-5 =/= Metal. It gets a good hardrock tone, but is going to be WAY too loose if he's cranking it for metal. Most places that you'd play at will have in-house PAs, but your band might not for practices. Unless I owned the PA, I would never rely on one to have my guitar heard.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 12, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
HT-5 =/= Metal. It gets a good hardrock tone, but is going to be WAY too loose if he's cranking it for metal. Most places that you'd play at will have in-house PAs, but your band might not for practices. Unless I owned the PA, I would never rely on one to have my guitar heard.

It was just a suggestion dude, i've never tried the HT but if he wants to use it live i guess that'd be one way..